Jersey City, NJ
Industry: Accounting, Finance & Insurance•
Not Specified years
Posted 60 days ago
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB
What We Do
At Goldman Sachs, our Engineers don’t just make things – we make things possible. Change the world by connecting people and capital with ideas. Solve the most challenging and pressing engineering problems for our clients. Join our engineering teams that build massively scalable software and systems, architect low latency infrastructure solutions, proactively guard against cyber threats, and leverage machine learning alongside financial engineering to continuously turn data into action. Create new businesses, transform finance, and explore a world of opportunity at the speed of markets.
Engineering, which is comprised of our Technology Division and global strategists groups, is at the critical center of our business, and our dynamic environment requires innovative strategic thinking and immediate, real solutions. Want to push the limit of digital possibilities? Start here.
Who We Look For
Goldman Sachs Engineers are innovators and problem-solvers, building solutions in risk management, big data, mobile and more. We look for creative collaborators who evolve, adapt to change and thrive in a fast-paced global environment.
The Entitlements Platform team is responsible for the design and implementation of control solutions for identity, application privilege management, runtime authorization and privileged access. We help the firm manage the securityrisks associated with identity and privilege by providing products that can easily be integrated by the firm's other software engineers; as well as offering management tools to approve, recertify and report on staff privileges. We are looking for software engineers who want to build robust control solutions and who understand the need for platforms that can achieve leverage across the enterprise. If this sounds like you, and you have a minimum of three years of professional experience in a software engineering role, you might be a good fit.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
• Build applications, libraries and services to manage the lifecycle of application privileges; provide externalized authorization capabilities; and allow secure, auditable access to the firm's technology production environment
• Contribute to, and eventually lead, software engineering and re-engineering projects
• Collaborate with engineers from application and risk teams to design new features
• Execute the full lifecycle of software components, from requirements through design, testing, development, release and demise
• Engage in production troubleshooting
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE WE ARE LOOKING FOR
• The ability to communicate technical concepts effectively, both in writing and orally, as well as the interpersonal skills required to collaborate effectively with colleagues across diverse technology teams
• Proficiency in designing, developing and testing cross-platform software in Java; willingness to learn and adopt new languages as necessary
• Experience developing, deploying and supporting software across the full Continuous Delivery life-cycle
• Solid experience of version control, continuous integration, deployment and configuration management tools
• The ability to understand and effectively debug both new and existing software
• A grounding in identity and privilege management concepts, including relationships between employee and privilege lifecycle, authorization vs. authentication, and segregation of duties
• Prior experience of audited technology environments, for example SSAE18/SOC1, SOX404
• Familiarity with SQL and/or NoSQL databases, database design principles and object-relational mapping frameworks