Discover your opportunity with Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group (MUFG), the 5th largest financial group in the world with total assets of over $2.4 trillion (as ranked by SNL Financial, April 2016) and 140,000 colleagues in nearly 50 countries. In the U.S., we’re 13,000 strong, working together to positively impact every customer, organization, and community we serve. We achieve this by delivering on our values, putting people first, fostering long-term relationships built on honesty and mutual understanding, and inspiring the best in each other. This is all part of our inclusive, high-performing culture supported by Total Rewards that include our cash balance pension plan. Join a team that’s working to fulfill its vision to be the world’s most trusted financial group.
Core Banking Conversion – Functional Lead, Vice President
Reporting to the Director and Group Technology Manager for Integrated Services of the Americas Business IT (ISA BIT) Technology Transformation, MUFG, Union Bank, N.A. (MUB) seeks candidates as part of its ISA BIT Technology Transformation division specifically within the Data Delivery & Conversion workstream of the Core Banking Transformation (CBT) Project at MUB.
The successful candidates will lead and manage analysis, design, development, and conversion of the data associated with the CBT project, as well as team leadership, application systems integration oversight, direct team supervision, and systems project guidance.
Strategy and Planning
- Lead definition of the data conversion strategy
- Detail estimates and implementation plan for planning and design phase deliverables
- Review and track progress per the defined plan
Architecture & Design
- Analyze business requirements and translate into functional design specifications
- Determines operational objectives by studying business functions and current practices; gathering information; evaluating output requirements and formats
- Designs new configurations by analyzing requirements; constructing dataflow charts and diagrams; studying system capabilities; writing specifications.
- Work with business groups to validate and facilitate correct expectations related to specific business data requirements
- Manage functional work teams
- Manage suppliers, contractors and vendor partner resources
Implementation / Delivery
- Co-lead analysis of databases with the goal of producing the initial Data Mapping and subsequently the functional design for the Extract process.
- Work with the vendor implementation teams to facilitate smooth and timely data migrations
- Collaborate with the development team and vendor teams to ensure vast quantities of data can be moved into the system without effecting performance
- Assist the vendor and system integration partners through designing, configuration, testing, deploying, maintaining, and supporting conversion initiative
- Recommends controls by identifying problems; writing improved procedures
- 8+ years of Core Banking implementation experience based on participation in a transformation program driven by a core banking implementation
- Cross functional skills in Digital – Data / Fintech technology areas will be a plus
- Banking experience with knowledge of business processes (backoffice and frontend) and banking product knowledge (e.g. deposit products, loans, payment applications, corporate customer products, etc.)
- Exceptional core consulting skills
- Hands on experience across multiple facets of the software development life-cycle in a range of methodologies (Agile, Scrum, Waterfall, etc.), focused on either requirements definition, systems analysis or functional design
- Background in business systems analysis, requirements documentation, functional specification development and testing
- Experience across various SDLC components supporting the implementation of vendor packages
- 3-5 years’ experience with data conversion, analysis, mapping, and migration
- Working knowledge of Oracle PL SQL and database queries
- Experience with supporting testing life cycle and defect management
- Exposure to at least one of leading ETL tools (Abinitio, Informatica, data stage etc.)
- Requisition #: 10020793-WD