Core Audio System Software Engineer
- Job Number: 112938926
- Santa Clara Valley, California, United States
- Posted: 22-Aug-2017
- Weekly Hours: 40.00
The Interactive Media Group (IMG) provides the audio, video, and graphics foundation across all of Apple's innovative products, including iPhone, iPod, iPad, Apple TV, Apple Watch, iTunes, and Mac OS X, as well as professional and consumer applications from Final Cut and Logic to iLife and iWork.
- Excellent software design/programming skills in C++
- Understanding and implementation skills in object-oriented methodologies
- Understanding of multi-threaded programming concepts
- Strong problem solving and debugging skills
- Experience with audio hardware architectures is a plus
The Core Audio team within IMG is looking for a software engineer with experience in audio systems implementation to work on the audio infrastructure of Apple's devices. These platforms have a considerable complexity and a rich feature set in the way that audio is routed through the system and integrates the various hardware pieces that are available. The position will involve developing and enhancing the software components that are responsible for both managing the audio hardware and exposing audio features and capabilities upwards through the system.
BS or MS in CS, EE, or related, with a solid understanding of digital audio