Core Audio Software Engineer
- Job Number: 112939000
- Santa Clara Valley, California, United States
- Posted: 22-Aug-2017
- Weekly Hours: 40.00
The Interactive Media Group (IMG) provides the audio, video, and graphics foundation across all of Apple's innovative products, including iPhone, iPod, iPad, Apple TV, Apple Watch, iTunes, and MacOS, as well as professional and consumer applications from Final Cut and Logic to iLife and iWork.The Core Audio team within IMG is looking for a software engineer with experience and passion in audio systems implementation to work on the audio DSP infrastructure of Apple's devices.
- Excellent software system design/programming skills in C++ / Objective C
- Solid understanding and implementation skills in object-oriented methodologies
- Solid understanding of realtime, multi-thread programming concepts and operating system concepts
- Strong problem solving and debugging skills Passion for leaning new technologies and creating superior user experiences
- Must be a team playe
The work we do is crucial to Audio, Music and Speech processing across all of Apple's platforms and directly impacts the end user experience with respect to high profile features such as Siri, FaceTime, Phone Calls, Music Playback, Audio/Video Capture. These platforms and features have a considerable level of complexity in the way that audio is routed through the system and integrates the various hardware pieces that are available. The design intuition we are looking for should lean towards elegance and simplicity. The position will involve developing and enhancing the software components and features that are responsible for real-time audio applications.
BS/MS/PhD in CS, EE, or related, with a solid understanding of digital audio
Digital signal processing expertise (linear filtering, beam forming, etc.) is a plus Experience in any of DSP tuning, acoustics design, speakers, microphones is a plus Experience with databases is a plus