Tracking Code 178965-846Job Description
- This position will be responsible for development, analysis, prototyping, and prove out of new products and methods.
- Responsible to ensure that products are robust, widely applicable, and feasible to manufacture while meeting program timing.
- Translate anticipated customer technical requirements, developing product performance and durability specifications, supplier contact, technical development program management, developing and scheduling test programs.
- Lead individual new product development projects and coordinates activities within the department, cross functional, and with outside suppliers to meet milestone dates.
- Perform engineering analysis, calculations, develop mathematical models, and employ CAD, the engineering network, and PC based software to generate designs.
- Perform and lead product development testing, instrumentation data acquisition, generate DOE, analyze and publish reports with recommendations and conclusions.
- Perform and lead new product analysis and evaluation (including predictive performance).
- Provide technical assistance for prototype and development of new designs. Prepare, codify, and publish development guidelines and supporting documentation.
- Analyze results of benchmarking initiatives and integrates findings into appropriate areas of Tenneco Automotive.
- Provide technical support and assistance to the manufacturing, quality, development, and program staff. Prepare and present technical reports in-house and to the technical community.
- B.S. Engineering, advanced degree a plus.
- Strong planning and organizational skills with ability to prioritize, make decisions and manage multiple projects.
- Basic knowledge and understanding of assembly and manufacturing processes.
- Must have the ability to communicate effectively across organizational levels, both in written and verbal form.
- Ability to travel to travel to suppliers, manufacturing plants, and customer locations to support development and launch activities.
- Knowledge of automotive exhaust products and processes as well as emission control systems