Industry: Information Services•
Not Specified years
Posted 412 days agoby Reji Thomas
· Expertise with Copy editing
· Expertise with Content Management Systems
· Expertise with digital platforms: Web, Mobile, mp3, etc.
· Experience with vetting, reformatting, editing, proofreading and
· Publishing television scripts and/or correspondent reports
· Experience researching news content for accuracy and verification
· Experience with analytics software such as OMNITURE and Google Analytics
· Ability to multitask and work quickly while paying attention to details
· Possess core journalism skills (reporting, writing and editing).
· Experience working in a print or online newsroom preferred
Scope of Work
· Contractor shall provide services for the News Center to edit copy on all platforms for distribution to the house and for VOANews.com to update Web pages on the main English website for the Voice of America and related, VOA-operated digital platforms including Facebook and Twitter
· Contractor shall set the news lineup on the homepage and section fronts of VOANews.com, the mobile site and related VOA-operated digital platforms and internal distribution platform and ensure breaking news is posted appropriately to VOANews.com and social platforms.
· Contractor shall vet, reformat, edit; proofread and publish VOA web reports, radio and television scripts, correspondent reports, wire rewrites, original reporting and content from sister-agencies such as rferl.org (Radio Free Europe Radfo Liberty) and rfa.org (Radio Free Asia) on the Web site.
· The contractor shall also prepare photos, audio, video and/or graphic files for Web use.
· Contractor shall, when necessary, collaborate with editors, reporters, producers, designers and developers to optimize individual stories across VOA digital platforms.
· Contractor shall rewrite and edit copy to improve readability, and when possible, work in concert with other VOA editors, correspondents and contributors regarding changes in content, style or logical narrative organization, and to verify facts, dates, and statistics, using standard reference sources, and contribute reporting as needed; contractor shall collaborate with Web reporters/bloggers to conceptualize, plan, line-edit and proof
Incoming news stories and biogs entries.
· Contractor shall make manuscript acceptance or revision recommendations to Web desk.
· Contractor shall, when necessary, make use of appropriate sources and materials to create fresh and relevant stories that conform to VOA style and guidelines
· Contractor shall monitor and assess site analytics and respond to audience traffic flows as needed. Contractor shall confer with management and editorial staff members regarding placement and emphasis of developing news stories.