Be a Staples Pro in a business-to-business sales career to Make More Happen. Our sales team provides enhanced brand awareness for customers by offering digital and offset print solutions as well as the largest assortment of promotional products in the country. Staples is an industry leader in providing office products to business of all sizes; our offering also encompasses a vast assortment of print, promotional, facilities, furniture and technology. The Print & Marketing Account Manager is a sales position on our Staples Retail selling team that offers extraordinary earnings potential with rewarding commission opportunity. Staples provides training and career development opportunities to support energetic, self-motivated sales professionals with an entrepreneurial spirit. If you thrive on establishing, building, expanding client relationships and putting your customer first, come join our passionate Print & Marketing sales team at Staples. Are you ready to be a Staples Pro and make more happen?
As a Print & Marketing Sales Representative you will be part of a team responsible for retaining, and accelerating category growth in the print & promotional product space. You will also be responsible for managing, sourcing and targeting mid to large size businesses, while developing relationships that lead to additional revenue for Staples and commission for you. Additionally, conduct acquisition and share of wallet growth interactions to identify and secure incremental Print & Marketing Services opportunities while hunting for new business with each interaction.
- Responsible for driving monthly and annual revenue Goals.
- As a Print & Marketing Sales Representative you will be responsible to qualify and grow prospects and identify specific opportunities for share of wallet growth.
- Grow accounts by executing monthly, quarterly Print & Marketing promotions through specific calling campaigns, i.e. Direct Mail, Promotional Products, Signs & Banners, etc.
- Responsible for profiling prospects by identifying; buying potential, industry vertical or print specific needs for ongoing follow-up.
- Establish, build and expand relationships with existing and potential customers at multiple levels in the organization.
- Implement a sales strategy to achieve revenue and margin objectives through retention and growth and of new and existing accounts.
- Provide bids and quotes to customers with accuracy and speed. Follow defined procedures and processes, and complete all required documentation for customers, as well as entries to support system(s).
- Utilize negotiation skills to sell while protecting product margins.
- Meet or exceed defined outbound calls, activity and sales metrics, quality and other production requirements.
- Represent the best of Staples Print & Marketing Services in promoting products, services, and commitment to customer satisfaction to support business retention and expansion.
- Schedule and attend face-to-face/virtual presentations with high level decision makers.
- Responsible for driving sales by incorporating the consultative selling model to uncover cross and up sell opportunities, future copy and print business, and qualification into an account managed print program.
- Sell value-based solutions that focus on customer needs, ensure customer retention, growth and maximize compensation.
- Collaborate with account owners, internal business partners including Sales Managers, Retail Partners and vendors to ensure seamless customer experience and drive sales results.
- Print & Marketing Sales Representative are self-disciplined and will manage the inbound/outbound lead activity, qualifying active buying interest and developing opportunity in prospect accounts.
- Achieve/exceed sales targets for a defined sales and profit quota to earn commissions.
- Utilize Staples CRM system on a consistent daily basis to self-manage selling the right solutions/benefits, activities, contacts, deals, strategies, make recommendations for long term customer needs, reporting, and communications.
- Review market sales insights in Salesforce.com (SFDC) to understand needs and interests of the prospects including but not limited to: understanding what content the prospect consumed, what pages they visited, how frequently they visited, etc.
- Provide a quality service and sales experience to each customer.
- Practical and hands on training program in office and virtual.
- Shares insights learned on the phone with team members and business partners as appropriate.
- Highly-driven, competitive, results-oriented person with excellent communication and persuasion skills
- Bachelor’s Degree, or equivalent experiencepreferred but not mandatory
- Proficient in assessing, analyzing, and presenting sales recommendations / Strong sales acumen
- Quickly identify decision-makers and influencers within small to large-sized customers
- Tenacious, works through challenges, overcome objections
- Computer knowledge including extensive Internet navigation and demonstrated experience using Microsoft Office Suite is required. Knowledge of Adobe Illustrator, Publisher and Photoshop is an asset but not a requirement.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills and active listening skills
- Knowledge of the Print and Marketing field is an asset but not required.
- 3-5 years business to business experience in a selling environment
- Strong organization, prioritization, and time management skills
- Able to work in a team sales environment
- Some travel and customer visits in various business workplaces as appropriate
- Reliable transportation, ability to lift and carry 5 pounds and more
- Coachable, able to incorporate feedback
- Proficiency in PowerPoint, Excel, and using a CRM (Customer Relationship Management tool), Salesforce experience is a plus
- Resilient - bounces back; adaptable - comfortable changing directions, able to work independently and creatively
- Dynamic individual who functions with a high level of performance, thrives in working in a very fast paced and changing environment, and enjoys cross channel collaboration with sales teams and internal support groups
- Impressive ability to develop, service and manage a portfolio of high-volume clients
- Results oriented, driven by both financial and career opportunities
- Exhibit positive work habits as related to schedule adherence, daily production and interaction with the sales team.
- Comfortable making decisions without all the facts. Positive in nature
- Previous experience in the copy, print, promotional and marketing field is a plus
* Please note that some locations require representatives to work from home. Staples offer comprehensive benefits and competitive pay with commissions. We provide broad training, professional development as well as opportunities for career advancement.
Job number: 1083542