Essential Duties & Responsibilities (Other duties may be assigned)
- Direct and oversee the work of creative writers and editors, including training, mentoring and insuring professional development.
- Establish performance expectations, skill and competency development plans for employees. Identify talent gaps and implement improvement plans.
- Ensure team is working on both day to day tactical and longer term strategic initiatives to drive continuous improvement and meet the company’s initiatives.
- Monitor the creative writing team positioning and offer suggestions for improvements.
- Manage, coordinate and execute main copy vehicles.
- Prepare content and strategies for multiple outlets including blogs, emails, video scripts and other copy projects to support and increase product trial and use.
- Build relationships with cross-functional staff across various business units to support effective communication outcomes.
- Stay abreast of all copy developments and identify opportunities and/or implications to the organization.
- Oversee product branding and industry awareness content and campaigns.
- Work closely with marketing partners, VPs and design managers to produce high-quality creative for a variety of projects.
- Present creative work in meetings.
- Direct and supervise creativity from concept through production, including internal client and legal reviews.
- Manage and monitor project budgets.
(These are the requirements that all applicants MUST HAVE to be considered for this position)
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution or equivalent experience.
- 5 years of related experience in marketing/communication positions at advertising agencies or in a corporate environment.
- 3 years of experience in a marketing/communications management role.
- Skilled in the use of Microsoft office software to include Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
- Strong interpersonal skills, detail oriented and able to coordinate/manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Excellent oral, written and presentation skills.
- Demonstrated ability to think strategically, creating strategic and measurable communications plans to support business goals.
- Ability to work effectively and provide sound communications counsel to multiple people across various levels, to include, staff, peers, management, senior leadership, and internal and external customers.
- Develop collaborative and diverse relationships.
- Financial management and business acumen skills.
- High customer focus with the ability to drive for results.
- Bachelor's degree in Marketing, Mass Communication, Journalism or related field.
- 7 years of related experience in a marketing/communications positions at advertising agencies or in a corporate environment.
- Proficiency using SharePoint or otherproject management systems.