$80K - $100K(Ladders Estimates)
Boise, ID 83702
Industry: Telecommunications & Hardware•
Less than 5 years
Posted 45 days ago
Req. ID: 138492
Micron Technology's vision is to transform how the world uses information to enrich life and our commitment to people, innovation, tenacity, collaboration, and customer focus allows us to fulfill our mission to be a global leader in memory and storage solutions. This means conducting business with integrity, accountability, and professionalism while supporting our global community.
The copier/printer and security support engineer is an entry level role for a recent college graduate (2016 or later graduate). This role is a member of the End User Support Services (EUSS) team that supports all Micron team members (TMs) regarding their personal office productivity.
The primary purpose of this role is to manage Micron's copier and printer fleet to ensure all printing software, equipment, and HW security is functioning as necessary by managing a third-party service provider and leased fleet of HW across multiple locations. This will include monthly financial management and reconciliation of all repair invoices and printing usage of the fleet.
This fleet is responsible for the output of all print jobs in the US and this role will participate in setting global standards and ensure those standards are adhered too. This role will need to deliver superior customer satisfaction by advising sites on what HW & SW needs to be implemented, preventive maintenance, configurations, and operations which may impact HW and security performance. This will include the scheduling of service calls and following up on service calls, identifying potential service impacts and helping to ensure the site's fleet is always functional and secure.
This role will also provide input on the current and long-term technology roadmap that will impact and/or benefit Micron's team members and overall hardcopy output. This engineer must have a comprehensive understanding and support in the advancement of technology implementations, core software standards, image conception, copier and printer fleet management, and automated software distribution, and secure print methodologies.
This position requires an emphasis on problem identification and resolution, technical solution development, project management, user experience, as well as building and maintaining positive business relationships with the global IT Organizations, clients and vendors. This role will also be responsible for reporting on the health of the copier and printer fleet as well as report on a variety of usage statistics and dashboards. Fulfillment of responsibilities must be performed with a minimum amount of supervision.
The copier/printer & security support engineer must able to communicate effectively, demonstrate a personable approach, attention to detail, listening skills, and problem-solving skills. They must be knowledgeable about all aspects of copier and printer technology, not experts, to effectively troubleshoot and manage third party resources to ensure that the maintenance and service activities do not hamper the daily productivity of Micron TMs.
Qualifications & Skills
• 4 year college degree from an accredited university is required with an engineering or business emphasis
• 1+ years retail or customer service experience or campus print center management experience
• COMP TIA A+ certification or equivalent
• Demonstrated knowledge of Windows 10 and MacOS
• 1+ year experience diagnosing or repairing PCs and/or mobile devices, a working knowledge of PC operating systems and software applications, and a basic understanding of networking fundamentals,
• Demonstrated ability to diagnose, repair and solve system/equipment issues
• Knowledge and application of electronics and strong electro-mechanical skills
• Ability to learn and apply new technologies
• Advanced analytical and problem-solving skills
• Advanced ability to work independently, as well as collaboratively, within a team
• Readiness to accept and adapt quickly to change
• Exceptional interpersonal skills including courtesy, tact, and discretion, and listening
• Ability to work as part of a team including documenting and sharing information with the team
• High degree of self-motivation
• Planning, organizational and administrative abilities
• Motivated to continuous self-improvement
• Ability to effectively manage multiple tasks
• Identify, resolve and escalate business issues as appropriate
• Provide after hours and on-call support
• Certification and experience with Cannon, Ricoh; other copier, printer, and fax product lines is desirable (Ricoh, Canon, Sharp)
• Experience with Print Controllers and Secure Print SW.
• Network experience - MCSE or CNA certifications
As the leader in innovative memory solutions, Micron is helping the world make sense of data by delivering technology that is transforming how the world uses information. Through our global brands — Micron, Crucial and Ballistix — we offer the industry's broadest portfolio. We are the only company manufacturing today's major memory and storage technologies: DRAM, NAND, NOR and 3D XPoint™ memory. Our solutions are purpose built to leverage the value of data to unlock financial insights, accelerate scientific breakthroughs and enhance communication around the world.
Employee Rewards Program, Healthcare, Paid time off (Combined Sick and Vacation Time), Retirement savings plans, Paid maternity/paternity leave, Employee Assistance Program, Professional development training, Workplace wellness programs, Micron Health Clinic (Boise only), Fitness Center / Activity rooms (Boise only), Tuition Reimbursement, Micron Corporate Discounts, Casual Dress attire.
Valid Through: 2019-9-26