Are you a meticulous individual who has a real passion for developing and maintaining annual budgets? As a Coordinator, Corporate Budgeting you will develop work processes and procedures for the budgeting staff. You will ensure these processes are in accordance with department goals and objectives for the ongoing observation, evaluation and reporting of budget changes.
Build on your education and career experience as you:
- Develop the first draft of the annual operating budget for Fraser Health (FH), including implementation of wage rate adjustments, inflation adjustments, approved reallocation of resources and annualization of prior year budget changes;
- Develop a variety of allocation models to ensure equitable distribution of financial resources across the organization by collecting appropriate data/indicators and working with the Financial Planning team to ensure financial objectives are applied consistently.
- Oversee, establish priorities, assign work and evaluate performance of designated staff; initiate training, demonstrate work methods and handle all matters pertaining to reassignment, hiring or displacement of staff.
- Responsible for the continuous maintenance and integrity of the detailed budget; ensure that all budget changes are consistent with FH's financial objectives and goals by reviewing all proposed budget adjustments prior to implementation; ensure that budget reconciliation and continuity schedules are maintained.
- Develop budget process procedures for the budgeting staff and the Business & Client Services staff.
- Develop the revenue, expenditure and activity trend for the budget by analyzing appropriate indicators; ensure the budget is adjusted as needed to incorporate the impact of expected changes.
You have the following qualifications:
- Recognized professional accounting designation (CPA, CMA, CGA, CA) and/or university degree in Business, Commerce or Finance.
- 5 to 7 years' recent, related financial accounting experience in a large health care environment
- 1 year supervisory experience