- The primary purpose of this position is to assist in integration activities and support converting contract manufacturing sourcing activities across divisions in North America for ~$150M in spend through analytics and category management.
- Target and engage BU stakeholders and supplier contract manufacturers across divisions to annually realize $1.0M in hard savings through discounts, rebates and supplier switching of outsourced items.
- Analyze spend, generate financial analysis and communicate make vs. buy opportunities to plants resulting in $1M annual incremental contribution margin.
- Understand supply chain finance and extend payment terms realizing $1M in working capital benefit.
- Negotiate with suppliers to advance WestRock interests and percentage of spend under contract,
- Assist in rolling out geographic strategic plans for sourcing and selecting WestRock “preferred” contract manufacturers that provide a financial integrated benefit and meet quality and service requirements.
How you will impact WestRock:
- Proactively work with Sales and CSRs to recommend “preferred” contract manufacturers.
- Goal is to provide a structured pathway and recommendations for BU CSRs that outsource items.
- Provide reciprocal business opportunities to Sales and BU leadership to increase WestRock paper sales.
- Build and send out RFP/RFI templates for outsourced items, interpret drawings/designs and understand customer specs, external supplier supply chain capabilities and technical manufacturing capabilities.
- Assist in supplier recommendation activities, including qualitative/quantitative analysis, selection criteria and bid analysis.
- Articulate financial impact to BU P&L and division stakeholders.
- Provide division and BU leadership with visibility and summary reports of outsourced spend due to capacity and capability constraints on regional basis and integration opportunities across divisions and BUs.
- Drive cost savings, decrease supply chain risk and improve efficiencies and quality through supplier relationship management with contract manufacturer supply base.
- Develop new sources of supply and initiate value opportunities to ensure leverage, business continuity and support the EBIT goals of divisions.
- Demonstrate continuous effort to learn, understand stakeholder needs and drive value through insight.
What you need to succeed:
- BA/BS in Packaging Science, Supply Chain or other Business field.
- 5-7 years of experience.
- The candidate must be a self-starter and have strong analytical thinking skills.
- The individual should understand the concept of influencing and motivating others and integrating and aligning procurement strategy in support of other functional Business Unit and supply chain strategies.
- Preferredexperience in the packaging industry, sourcing or selling corrugated boxes, cartons and/or converting processes sheeting, printing, cutting and finishing.
- Ability to travel, build relationships with plants and suppliers, work independently and cross functionally and define and execute on goals with stakeholders.
- Position requires proven Excel reporting skills and effective leadership, communication, collaborative, analytical and negotiation skills
What we offer:
- Corporate culture based on integrity, respect, accountability and excellence.
- Comprehensive training with numerous learning and development opportunities.
- An attractive salary reflecting skills, competencies and potential.
- A career with a growing global packaging company where Sustainability, Safety and Inclusion are business drivers and foundational elements of the daily work.