Newport Group has an excellent opportunity for a Conversion Project Manager at our Folsom, CA office. The Conversion Project Manager will manage conversions and implementation of new Qualified plans to Newport systems to ensure compliance with contractual requirements and client expectations.
S/he will act as overall project manager by coordinating all elements of plan conversion and implementation. Work withother departments to ensure common understanding of requirements and deliverables and to ensure that plans are converted and implemented to suit contractual requirements and customer expectations. Establish client implementation and plan conversion procedures and templates.
In addition, the Conversion Project Manager will be responsible for performing quality assurance audits of all conversion activity and documentation to ensure compliance with contractual requirements and client expectations. Follow PMO process using standard artifacts while analyzing each project for unique conditions. Manage scope and follow change management process for scope changes.
- Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university in related field
- 5 - 7years in the retirement plan industry
- Project Management experience, strong analytical skills and in-depth knowledge of implementation and conversion of retirement plans required
- The candidate must have strong problem solving skills – must be proactive and resourceful and be able to exercise sound judgment
- Must have excellent written and oral communication skills, as interaction with clients, the team and other areas of the firm is critical to success.
- Strong Communicator with the ability to coordinate activities and tasks among disbursed project teams
- DST experiencepreferred
- Project Management Professional (PMP) professional certification a plus