As our Senior Concept Creator, you'll collaborate with the Concept Creation Team and Converse Innovation team to lead, assess and prioritize franchise level concepts. You'll provide breakthrough ideas in collaboration with our Innovation partners and challenge the status quo. You'll translate design inspirations into a 3-dimensional product, through collaboration with the core innovation team and partners at the Concept Creation Center. You'll create superior level concepts primarily for Footwear but stretch into apparel and accessories. You’ll get to fabricate and assemble new R&D concepts utilizing all resources and equipment on hand within the Concept Creation Center, not specifically inclusive of the following; Laser, Embroidery, Stitching, Assembly, Digital Printing, and Digital cutting, vulcanization and cold cement. You'll anticipate innovation needs, solve for new, unique situations and plan resource requirements. You ideally possess the unique ability to thrive in ambiguity and through high personal work standards act as coach for less experienced concept creators and designers. You'll work with multi-disciplinary teams including all of product creation and manufacturing pillars. In addition, you'll research, pattern engineering, innovation, in-line, brand, specialty customization, in-house assembly and overseas factory R&D centers. Through research, you’ll find new ways to craft footwear, pushing the boundaries of manufacturing and tools influences process changes for better product. You’ll also be responsible for delivering high-level presentations regarding product details, features, construction requirements to innovation leadership.
Requirements for the position include:
• Bachelor's degree or 2 years' additional relative work experience may be substituted in lieu of a degree
• Minimum 8-9 years' relevant work experience, typically in engineering, development, and/or production preferred.
• Minimum 2 years' product process experience preferred
• Expert with footwear pattern engineering, cutting, stitching, and assembly processes and operations.
• Ideation & Visioning- Generates new ways of thinking about aspects of performance based products that result in growth opportunities and competitive advantages in the marketplace. Develops ideas that are consistent with the vision for new products by collaborating with product creation on the genesis of new product concepts for all Nike business units.
• Research/Engineering-defines protocol and establishes scope of testing required to prove and validate a concept. In line with advanced knowledge of the consumer, business, and performance requirements, develops concrete insights which feed into the development of advanced product concepts through the use of new technologies or construction processes. Delivers proof of concept by turning concepts and new product visions into reality.
• Identifies key elements of product construction materials and
processes. Engineers prototypes.
• Project Management- Enables the development of innovation projects turning concept ideation into reality by working in,or with, multi-disciplinary teams to include product creation, manufacturing, and 3rd party vendors. Meets complex challenges with imaginative state of the art approaches supported by feasible solutions.
• Communication-assists in preparation of reports and presenting results and market concepts at the functional department level. Clearly and concisely communicates the knowledge required and best practices assist transition of technology to product.
• Travel up to 5% of the time
Converse is more than a company; it’s a worldwide advocate for self-expression. This belief motivates our employees, permeates our working environment and inspires our products. No two of us look or think exactly alike. We are each one-of-a-kind. Individually and as a culture, we have the freedom to create and grow professionally. Generous benefits packages only sweeten the experience. From Boston to Shanghai, from Brand Design to Finance, Converse is a brand that celebrates the unique and creative people of the world. Together, we’re different.
Job ID 00335542