The Senior UX Designer is responsible for our global digital experience design system and serves as our UX design team leader. This key leadership position has broad responsibilities including overall design direction, hands-on design responsibilities and mentorship of UX design team members. The ideal candidate will be an upbeat self-starter with a forward-thinking aptitude for creating simple, appealing and useable experiences across multiple phases of a digital product lifecycle while developing and leading a high-performance UX design team.
You will lead innovative problem solving, collaborative team environments, and demonstrate skills and strategy to design multiple projects of differing size and scope. You are driven by curiosity and passionate about user-centered experience design and able to handle both high-level vision and detail-focused execution. You will also have knack for leading teams in design workshops and critiques while being proud to mentor a design team. You will bring elite expertise in UX design for e-commerce and bring a streamlined experience to life. You will be curious about global usability and conscientious to user personas. You will strategically innovate design that inspires change while testing and solutioning for the now.
Responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
Sr. UX Design;
- Drive strategic design solutions and decisions to evolve the overall user experience guided by UX methodologies and strategy
- Oversee agency partnerships that will bring the UX strategy and vision to life
- Anticipate user driven problems and solutions on a global level while working closely with and across teams of engineers, product managers, strategists and fellow creatives to deliver exceptional, core e-commerce solutions.
- Produce high quality user experience design through hybrid wireframe and visual designs, flow diagrams, storyboards, site maps and prototypes.
- Partner with internal brand design teams on the creation of new storytelling experiences.
- Collaborate with team members on user research, customer testing, and iterative feedback loops.
- Rapidly iterate on design prototypes and working applications.
Global UX Leadership:
- Work cross-functionally with Content Strategy, SEO, Digital Design, Analytics, Experience Optimization, Product Management and Development teams to enhancement existing and bring new digital commerce experiences to market.
- Partner closely with geo-based business teams to understand and address market-specific needs and opportunities around the globe.
- Actively partner with business partners in Brand and Media to create consumer and brand-right experiences that support marketing and commercial goals, globally.
- Drive user advised design decisions aligning internal and external senior partners behind a common delivery plan and ensure timely reporting of progress through low/high fidelity prototypes/designs/mock-ups for internal review, workshops and brainstorming
- Proactively develop, lead and manage relationships with key partners, and cross-functional team members.
- Identify, prioritize and implement journey improvements to support the customer shopping experience through our global e-commerce funnel
- Lead a highly engaged team across the business with exchanged opinions of the desired journey experience, shares standard methodologies and work ethic to ensure the delivery of the desired customer experience.
- Help to define, evolve, and disseminate Converse Digital UX Design standards to other teams throughout the organization.
- Curious | Be a constant student of standard methodologies and emerging trends in UX. Consumer technology developments inspire and energize you.
- Open and collaborative | YOU are a specialist, but WE win as a team – you must be comfortable with ambiguity and thrive in a cross-discipline environment.
- Ego-less | We all wear all the hats that need wearing – from high level thinking to in-the-trenches work, your flexibility, positivity and focus on results makes the team successful.
What you bring to Converse:
- 6+ years of experience leading and managing UX design teams - creating user-centered designs for ecommerce products.
- A portfolio of work showcasing how content, design and interface work together to create great digital experiences.
- Proven record of shipping quality software.
- A conceptual problem solver and master of user experience with the ability to produce exceptional design work.
- A high level of proficiency creating prototypes with inVision and other web-based prototyping tools.
- Experience with web-based usability testing tools.
- Background leading collaboration sessions with various types of specialists and those with differing levels of exposure to UX working methodologies.
- Understanding of underlying technology is vital. You don't have to be a developer, but you understand what makes things work.
- In-depth understanding of Sketch, and Adobe Creative Suite.
- Bonus points for experience bringing designs to life through animation; i.e. Principle, Flash, After Effects
- Able to function independently and in a team environment
- Outstanding teammate and positive demeanor.
- Brings a strong mentorship and leadership to team.
- Strong sense of ownership and accountability.
- Demonstrated attention to detail and process excellence.