Sure, you could be at some boring PLACE selling boring STUFF. Or you could be with us, selling unique sneakers and apparel that you would wear yourself. You could walk out the door and see some kid wearing what you put in their store and know you were a part of his style - because you were bold enough, aware enough and involved enough to be part of CONVERSE. That’s where you could be. Our planning team drives and optimizes sales and profits for Converse and our selling partners in the US by focusing energy against the entire Converse selling cycle: financial planning, consumer information analysis, product distribution, seasonal product sell in and in-season business opportunities- recommending action steps and influencing key processes in each phase to maximize sales results.CORE ACCOUNTABILITIES: Framed in relation to the SMART model for objective setting: specific, measurable, actionable, realistic and time-bound.Lead Annual/Seasonal Business Planning Process and ExecutionPartner with sales and other cross-functional teams to manage an integrated planning process which feeds key business players with timely and accurate assessments of the business. Insure alignment between sales management and internal teams for the efficient execution of monthly/quarterly/seasonal wholesale shipping and retail sell through plans by segment, gender, and door. Participate in the account seasonal planning process by applying current retail trends to future business plans. Build and measure progress while executing against long term strategic goals. Utilize forecasting tool to establish healthy inventory levels. Maintain tool in conjunction with long range forecasting. Facilitate communication of key insights and updates to all involved parties through timely, actionable reporting. Drive the BusinessAct as key partner and teammate with the sales, marketing, and merchandising teams to deliver against corporate targets and objectives for the North America market. Prepare and analyze sales reports that will drive actionable results through the sales team and improve business for both Converse and our retail partners. Conduct weekly review of performance at retail to include analysis of sales vs LY and vs our plan. Provide commentary on sales trend, key product call out’s including performance on new launch products and provide action plans to capitalize on product performance. This role will help identify business opportunities and leads the cross functional conversation to optimize sales.Assist the sales and operations teams to manage key business processes/data points such as customer information, sell-thru, discounts, and distribution planning. Actively measure agreed upon KPIs including sell-thru and liquidation rates to ensure product lifecycles are managed and we maintain a clean market. Own Monthly/Quarterly Business Review ProcessIn conjunction with the sales team, drive regular business reviews and updates that insure business remains on track and that cross functional teams are working together against the same expectations. Provide in depth analysis of current business composition and sales drivers. Provides timely and insightful updates of progress against plan and work collaboratively with the entire account team to ensure delivery or necessary modifications to the plan.Leads a regular order base review that delivers against both growth expectations and initiatives. Insure alignment with financial targets and business activities. Work in tandem with the operational teams such as demand planning, inventory management, account management so that everyone is aligned with up-to-date forecasts and business changes. Actively connect with planning organization to share best practices, leverage resources, and insure processes are aligned as possible.
Education: Bachelor’s degree in Business or equivalent preferred Experience:
- 5-7 years of business planning, merchandising, sales or retail planning preferably in footwear
- Good working knowledge of the footwear industry and trends in the marketplace.
- Prefer a solid understanding of the Converse product lines and applicable marketplace trends.
- Must be able to develop an understanding of the customers, competitor’s and retail trends.
- Must be able to use salesfinancial data to make decisions and maximize account profitability.
- Must be able to develop and recommend seasonal assortments.
- Must be able to understand business issues, find creative ways to solve problems, and make sound decisions that benefit Converse.
- Must have excellent Excel skills and the ability to use spreadsheets creatively to transform data into actionable information. SAP and Tableau experiencepreferred. Interpersonal:
- Must be able to develop and maintain fair and honest relationships at all levels both internally and externally.
- Must have the ability to influence and persuade business partners to take desired action.
- Must have good communication skills, including the abilities to elicit information, actively listen, dialogue freely, and verbalize ideas effectively.
- Must be able to communicate effectively with clear, concise written messages through memos, e-mails and reports.
- Must be results orientated and make constant progress towards and achieve goals.
- Must consistently meet deadlines.
- Must have a high sense of accountability, initiative and passion for excellence.Physical:
- Must be able to travel to assigned accounts or as deemed necessary (15%).
Converse is more than a company; it’s a worldwide advocate for self-expression. This belief motivates our employees, permeates our working environment and inspires our products. No two of us look or think exactly alike. We are each one-of-a-kind. Individually and as a culture, we have the freedom to create and grow professionally. Generous benefits packages only sweeten the experience. From Boston to Shanghai, from Brand Design to Finance, Converse is a brand that celebrates the unique and creative people of the world. Together, we’re different.
Job ID 00345128