As the Global Director of Factory Store Planning and Development, you will lead process improvements, technical solutions and partner on hiring decisions for all Geography Factory Stores DTC Planning and Allocation leadership roles. You will further integrate the DTC Planning function into the Converse Gameplan process with a focus on key intersection points. You will be accountable for developing DTC Geography Planning & Allocation teams by creating a stronger global Planning function and leading the development of necessary training programs and tools. You will determine which technical solutions are the most appropriate to drive the Planning and Allocation processes to vertical retail industry standard and beyond.
This role requires the ability to understand the people, processes and tools necessary to drive long-term Planning/Inventory Management strategies for DTC. Strong networking skills and proven ability to gain Senior Executive support for initiatives is necessary. Ability to drive a distinct DTC Planning and Business Development vision while integrating with the overall Converse, Inc. process and strategy is essential. In this global role, you will be responsible to effectively communicate and lead culturally diverse team members virtually (using phone calls, emails, WebEx, video conference) and to synthesize complex information to achieve results.
- Develop uniform Forecasting and Allocation methodology across DTC globally.
- Develop and drive post seasonal reviews and ensure learning’s are scaled and shared with the broader Converse organization.
- Ensure full integration of DTC Planning into the necessary Geography and Global S&OP processes.
- Standardize and streamline business reporting within DTC
- Define requirements and work towards improved inventory flexibility between Rebuys and Closeout to maximize margin while meeting liquidation targets.
- Develop and lead a forecasting process to improve store productivity and in-store weeks of supply
- Business Planning- Global Strategy, tools and processes
- Marketplace Capacity- Strategy, business model and 3- year plan
- Concept Development- Business Model
- Develop the necessary Global DTC Planning organization.
- “Create, Drive and Inspire” a functional Global Planning community within DTC.
- Set the direction and facilitate training and development in process, tools, and applications.
- Bachelor or Master degree
- At least 8years’ progressive experience in retail planning. Global Retailexperiencepreferred
- Proven leadership to drive results, motivate teams and influence stakeholders
- Expert in retail math, financial planning and assortment planning skills with knowledge of automated planning systems including OTB, assortment (line) planning, allocation and reporting.
- Strong analytical skills and systems experience with planning tools and excel
- Record of leading strategy and individuals but also executing work on a lean team to deliver results
- Experience with implementing retail planning solutions in a multi country retail organization
- Strong storytelling, communication and presentation skills.
- International travel up to 15% of time
Converse is more than a company; it’s a worldwide advocate for self-expression. This belief motivates our employees, permeates our working environment and inspires our products. No two of us look or think exactly alike. We are each one-of-a-kind. Individually and as a culture, we have the freedom to create and grow professionally. Generous benefits packages only sweeten the experience. From Boston to Shanghai, from Brand Design to Finance, Converse is a brand that celebrates the unique and creative people of the world. Together, we’re different.
Job ID 00348859