This position is a member of the Convergent Medical Terminology (CMT) leadership team, working with the CMT Director and Terminology Manager providing guidance for CMT strategy and direction for terminology for the EDG (Diagnosis), EAP (Procedure) master files, and other areas as needed. This position is the leader and manager of the CMT physician group.Responsible to represent the CMT strategy and perspective in various KP inter-regional groups, such as PDCG (Professional Documentation and Coding Group), PALT (Physician Ambulatory Leadership Team KPHC), Medicare Finance (Risk Adjustment Analytics and Decision Support), and Coding Governance group (CGG).As the CMT physician representative for ICD-10 regulatory updates, able to facilitate decisions on any -fixes- needed to implement these changes. Able to work with Regional and Business partners on CMT strategy related to structure and approach to the use of any new terminology for ICD10.The CMT Physician partner chairs the bimonthly TWG (Terminology Working Group); reviews CMT proposals on weekly basis for readiness for TWG and assist with preparing presentations. This role requires developing good working relationships with our customers, the regions, ensuring that ongoing terminology and coding maintenance has consistent quality that works well.
- Provide guidance for CMT strategy and direction for the CMT physician team, including strategy for terminology in Master Files.
- Represent the CMT strategy and perspective in various KP inter-regional groups.
- Facilitate decisions on any -fixes- needed to update to the EDG master file based on ICD10 regulatory updates.
- Assist in the region-s efforts to assure end user usability. Work collaboratively with each region, since each region understands their individual workflows and CMT can help them identify any impacts the terminology changes may bring about.
- Assist the regions in successful implementation of ICD10 updates for Clinician and Health Care team training, when requested.
- Assist new regions in successful implementation of KPHC common build and movement to KP master files
- Chair the bimonthly TWG (Terminology Working Group)
- Review CMT proposals on weekly basis for readiness for TWG.
- Assist with preparing TWG presentations.
- Assist with identifying the impact of new requirements brought on by regulatory updates. Enhancements brought on by changes in scientific understanding and by specialties reworking their guidelines will also need to be identified and added to the master files with the help of the respective specialist subject matter experts.
- Respond to requests from regional partners/customers.
- Effectively communicate with and to regional partners/customers.
- Help to manage regional expectations.
- Support CMT team and partner with CMT Director in meeting deliverables commitments.
- Resolve issues and conflicts and escalate as needed.
- Provide consultation to KP Health Connect teams on terminology issues.
- Minimum ten (10) years of progressive experience in the Ambulatory/Inpatient area, in a health care setting.
- Minimum five (5) years of related IT-related experience.
- MD degree.
License, Certification, Registration
- Travel as required (approximately 10% of time).
- Location will be negotiated.
- Work with medical terminology and code sets.
- Advanced knowledge of medical terminology, and working knowledge of other IT functions, particularly EPIC/KP HealthConnect.
Job Number: 676892