As part of the application process, you are required to create a candidate account to log back in and view your application(s). Check your email regularly for information regarding our employment process.
It is the primary responsibility of the Manager of Convention Services to coordinate all aspects of upcoming convention groups. All duties are to be performed in accordance with departmental and property policies, practices and procedures.
- Handle all group details once made definite by Convention Sales, including but not limited to the program and meeting set up through group departure.
- Works as a liaison between the client and Bellagio and communicates group’s needs to all required departments.
- Coordinates the following functions including:, transportation, guest rooms, meetings, pre-planning, pre-payments, credit applications, limos, amenities, site inspections, etc
- Input and maintain group information in function diary and assist in maintaining physical condition of the convention area.
- Conducts pre-convention meetings for those clients who require finalizing at the arrival of meeting planner.
- Make contact with clients upon arrival at property, as well as throughout the duration of the meeting.
- Ensure contract specifications are met including but not limited to payment, reservation procedures and all program activities.
- Prepare post-convention reports.
- Maintain complete and in-depth files on all future and past convention groups as directed by departmental standards
- Conduct site visits; ensure that necessary meeting facilities are reserved, where applicable.
- Host prospective clients visiting the hotel, to include customer entertainment, dining in hotel restaurants and accompanying to shows
- Adhering to Human Resources responsibilities for assigned department(s) to include: setting a good example, creating a work environment that promotes teamwork, performance feedback, recognition, mutual respect and employee satisfaction; quality hiring, training and succession planning processes that encompass the company’s diversity commitment; adherence to the company’s status quo third party representation philosophy; compliance with company policies.
- Performs other job related duties as assigned, communicating directly with Executive Director of Convention Services and Assistant Director of Convention Services.
- Bachelor’s degree in related field or equivalent work experience.
- At least 4 years of experience in the hotel industry
- At least 2 years of hotel convention services experience.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Able to lead and mentor a team.
- Have interpersonal skill to deal effectively with all business contacts.
- Professional appearance and demeanor.
- Work varied shifts, including weekends and holidays.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and the Internet.
- Working knowledge of Opera PMS, Delphi and VIPR.
- Able to effectively communicate in English, in both written and oral forms.