Job ID R-301494
Job Description Summary
The Controls/Vision Engineer shall beresponsiblefor all control and vision systems associate with New Product Development Group Projects.
- Plan, design and coordinate the development and implementation of the Controls/Vision system for manufacturing processes and related quality/engineering activities.
- Support new product development activities by providing, analysis, technical support and recommending effective Controls/Vision solutions to operational issues to improve cost, revenue and asset utilization.
- Developing, maintaining and coordinating the tracking of major operational metrics, balanced score card and make improvements as needed to remain aligned to business needs and priorities.
- Provide technical training for the departmental personal as the project transitions from the design phase into the production and product launch.
- This individual will be capable of supervising others that are temporarily assigned. - This individual will be responsible for writing and developing production procedures and standard as they relate to vision and controls systems. - They will set an example in the area of safety, following plant safety policies and ensuring others do the same.
- Support other plant wide department as need for manufacturing process improvement and quality upgrade activities.
- Assist the control specialist and technician when needed in trouble shooting difficult problems. This individual shall provide to the control specialist and technician the training/mentoring needed to repair control systems plant wide.
- Lead by set an example for control specialist and floor technicians. They will have the mentoring skills to be able to coach others and will delegate work down to the control specialist and floor technicians.
- Provide input and technical expertise towards setting the plant-wide controls and vision standard.
- Plan, implement and coordinate new process development activities. ·
- Coordinate the development of new processes by interfacing with personnel from R&D, technology, product design, product development, quality, production and manufacturing and assembly and packaging technology.
- Serve most likely as a core team member representing process development and manufacturing as new products are developed or line extensions. ·
- Bachelors Degree in Engineering or related field
- 5+ years’ experience in controls and vision.
- Medical Device Manufacturing Experience and understanding Process Validations (IQ, OQ, PQ)
Additional Skills and Responsibilities:
- Proficient in writing large complex PLC programs and versed in programming various operator interfaces
- Must be able to implement motion control and vision equipment
- Must be able to design and implement Vision Inspections systems.
- Must be able to draw electrical and controls schematics.
- Good troubleshooting skills using various test instruments.
- Excellent PC skills in order to interface with various control systems.
- Proven ability to perform a complete design, program and implementation of a project.
- Proven mentoring ability.
- Responsible for multiple projects.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Ability to teach sessions for the Controls group to promote growth.
- Adhere to BD machine Safety Standard on all new equipment and drive implementation on existing equipment.
- Perform risk assessments. (Part of BD Machine Safety Standard)
- Assure that the Plant General Machine Specification is adhered too at all levels.
Becton, Dickinson and Company is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We do not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, creed, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, marital or domestic or civil union status, familial status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetics, disability, military eligibility or veteran status.