Our Facilities Engineering group works on a wide range of diverse, cutting edge oil and gas projects; from a small well tie-in to a large multi-million dollar SAGD facility.
We are looking for an experienced Control Systems Specialist who will bring his/her technical experience to our existing and future projects. The Control Systems group enjoys the synergy of working within a small team environment, but with the benefits and resources of a well-established company. Our employees enjoy being hands-on contributors and are the driving force behind the tremendous growth that the Facilities Engineering group has experienced.
Reporting to the Automation and Controls Manager, you will be responsible for providing guidance and procedural consistency to the full life cycle of Control Systems.
- Coordinate and work with Project Team members;
- Provide skills required to design plant control system architecture;
- Provide skills required to work independently or as a team on programming and configuration of Rockwell PLC, GE PLC, DeltaV DCS, ABB DCS, RTU programs and associated HMI’s;
- Provide skills in various types of communication protocols, Modbus, Devicenet, etc.;
- Provide wiring details and support to the Electrical designer;
- Provide field support, commissioning, troubleshooting and start-up facilities;
- Some field work will be required
Our successful candidate will hold an engineeringdegree or diploma in Instrumentation and Control or Electrical.
We are looking for a candidate who has worked on both the FEED and Detailed Design phase of an oil and gas project; ideally you will have 10 years experience in a similar role. In addition you will also have:
- Good communication and interpersonal skills;
- Experiencein configuration of any one or more of the following :
- GE PLC, Rockwell PLC, DCS –Emerson DeltaV, Honeywell Experion/TDC, HMI’s –Rockwell, Panelview Plus, RsView 32, Factorytalk View, RTU –ScadaPak, ROC, or Bristol.
Offers of employment for safety-sensitive positions involving fieldwork are contingent upon candidates being able to perform key physical tasks of the job as described in the job posting and interview. This may include the ability to work in a variety of environmental conditions, such as remote or isolated areas, working alone, and in inclement weather (within safe and reasonable limits).