Controls / SCADA / EMC / DMS Subject Matter Expert
Opportunity Parsons has a current government program underway that requires an experienced controls system engineer for facilities or critical facilities applications. This position will involve helping our customers to design, build, harden and perform cyber security remediation of new and existing facilities/industrial control systems and the networks to which they are connected. The subject engineer will take part in planning and conducting site surveys, preparing survey reports, evaluating design solutions, preparing statements of work, and advising clients on identifying and remediating risks. Need Parsons is seeking a Subject Matter Expert (SME) in one or more of the areas of Energy Management and Control Systems (EMCS), Supervisory Control and Data Acquisition (SCADA), and/or Building Automation Systems (BAS). The SME will have experience in distributed hardware, software and network communication elements used to remotely control and monitor electrical and mechanical equipment and systems over very wide geographic areas. These elements will include, but are not limited to, chiller plants, air handlers, computer room A/C units, water and gas detection, fuel systems, water treatment, heating systems, primary and secondary unit substations, backup generators, large-scale UPS, SCADA/EMCS monitoring and control software, and network communication equipment. Individuals applying for this position must be U.S. citizens and be clearable, or already hold a U.S. government issued security clearance. Education and Experience
- 10+ years of experience with EMCS, SCADA, BAS for utilities, critical infrastructure and/or data communication centers which has involved collecting and interpreting user requirements in order to prepare system designs.
- Knowledge of electrical and mechanical systems, sequence of operations and end devices used in these applications, such as air and water flow meters, pressure transducers, temperature transmitters and other automation peripherals
- Experience with EMCS/SCADA logic and programming with software packages from large single provider commercial vendors (such as Johnson Controls Inc, Siemens Controls, Automated Logic, Honeywell Controls, Delta, Alerton, Schneider, Allen-Bradley) and cross platform integrators (such as Tridium)
- Experience producing non-vendor specific hardware and software functional specifications and drawings for critical facilities infrastructure automation using EMCS/SCADA technologies from well-established worldwide hardware and software vendors as named above.
- In addition, working knowledge of communications protocols, i.e. TCP/IP, MODBUS, MODBUS TCP, DNP3, IEC 61850, BACnet, etc., is needed.
- Working knowledge of codes and standards relating to mechanical and EMCS/SCADA design (such as NFPA 70, NFPA 70E, IEEE C37.1, C37.2, UL 864 and C37.90).
- Experience with Computer Automated Design software (such as AutoCad or MicroStation), Microsoft Windows and the complete Office Suite, Adobe Acrobat.
- 4-yearBachelor of Science Degree in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering, Control Systems, or related field
- Applicants selected for employment will be subject to a federal background investigation and must meet additional eligibility requirements for access to classified information or materials.
- Registered Professional Engineer
- Experience with system implementation, final acceptance testing, startup and formal commissioning is a plus.
- Ashrae CPMP (Commissioning Process Management Professional Certification) and/or CEM (Certified Energy Manager) is a plus.
- Experience as “Owners Trusted Advisor” with regards to vendor interviews, bid leveling, VE evaluation, installation oversight and final system assessment is a plus.
- Experience in dealing with multiple BAS vendors and knowledge of the pros and cons of the various systems available on the marketplace is a plus.
- System installation and troubleshootingexperience is a plus.
- Experience on security compliance following NIST SP 800-53 and NIST 800-82, DCID 6/3.
- Ability to travel on short notice CONUS and OCONUS for short term visits
- Experience in design of high reliability Local Area and Wide Area data networks using Ethernet and serial technologies such as RS232 and RS485. Experience should include layer 2 and layer 3 Ethernetswitches, routers, Ethernetnetworksecurity appliances, media converters, protocol converters, copper and fiber optic cabling. Cisco product experience is a plus.
- Knowledgeable in tagging conventions, data logging, trending and reporting, Boolean logic, ladder logic, symbol conventions, etc. is desired.