Industry: Manufacturing & Automotive•
5 - 7 years
Posted 33 days ago
Manages all aspects of control projects, from beginning to end, with direct responsibility for project execution while leading a team, or teams, to accomplish specific objectives in a given time frame and with available resources. Responsible for the administration, implementation, and management of control projects. Accountable for assigned projects' scope of work, schedule, and budget.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other functions may be assigned.
· Responsible for timely completion of assigned projects and customer satisfaction.
· Plans and analyzes assigned projects, establishes schedules and project parameters and sets procedures to accomplish system objectives, involving complex contracting applications.
· Communicates with customers and their representatives, including building owners, mechanical contractors, other trades, subcontractors, and field support staff.
· Examines and reviews contracts and estimates by performing risk analysis and developing risk plans.
· Ensures compliance with internal contracting processes.
· Establishes an operations budget for assigned projects by revising the original estimate based on validated project scope.
· Responsible for maintaining the accuracy of the forecasted cost at completion.
· Controls expenses by monitoring assigned project budget.
· Creates and makes revisions to project schedules including: generating tasks, estimates, dependencies; milestones, CPM Analysis; and Histogram Analysis.
· Oversees the following: preparation of Trane material and vendor orders; recording the receipt of materials and approving payments.
· Prepares sub-contractor request for quotation's (RFQ) including: scope statements; plans and milestone dates; specs; bonding requirements; and billing schedule of values.
· Receives and qualifies subcontractor proposals; supervises work of project assigned staff, subcontractors and installers.
· Generates technician work orders: reviews plan; reviews progress; and prioritizes tasks.
· Meets with contractors and owners to discuss scope of project; budgets; performance; and close-out.
· Supports the sales function by assisting with quote preparation and proposal.
· Responsible for project cash-flow management: progress billing, collections support and monitoring, and resource management.
· Responsible for change order management by recommending solutions, facilitating quotes and closing orders.
· Ensures that quality standards are maintained for assigned projects.
· Maintains customer satisfaction by investigating concerns, implementing corrective action, and communicating with customers and assigned staff.
· Establishes a professional relationship with the customer and interfaces constantly to maintain accurate status reports and project reviews.
· Obtains acceptance and timely sign-off of the project by the customer.
· Responsible for the successful transition of warranty to the service process.
· Flexibility to work outside normal work hours/weekends, as required.
· Some travel with occasional overnight stays. (insert %)
Manages subcontractors and other assigned project resources. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Assists in interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work.
QUALIFICATIONS To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Must possess a valid driver's license for a minimum of 12 months, with no major or frequent traffic violations including, but not limited to:
· DUI in the previous 5 years
· Hit & Run, License Suspension, Reckless / Careless Driving or multiple smaller infractions or preventable collisions in the previous 3 years.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Bachelor's Degree in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering or Construction Management with a minimum of two (2) years of project management, controls, HVAC or related experience, or a minimum of six (6) years of project management, controls, HVAC or related experience; or an equivalent combination of education and experience. Financial budgeting, planning, administration, conflict resolution, and negotiation experience are required.
Experienced and knowledgeable in contracting processes associated with the installation of building automation systems and managing subcontractors. Also experienced and knowledgeable in using Project Management Tools (CPM, PERT, Gantt Charts). Knowledge of Microsoft Office, Primavera Expedition and P3/Suretrak preferred. Familiarity with financially guaranteed contracts, the operation of energy management systems, HVAC systems, temperature controls, and process control systems.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret plans, specifications, contract documents, control drawings, service bulletins, technical procedure manuals, equipment specifications, and governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from top management, customers, and service personnel.