The incumbent grows assigned controls accounts through the sale of control projects and services, and assumes responsibility for the successful execution of assigned projects.
KEY TASKS & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Grows controls accounts through the sale of controls projects and services.
- Sells to existing customer base, and identifies new customers and project opportunities.
- Utilizes company-provided tools to perform control design and estimates.
- Functions as a project manager for control installations.
- Supervises and dispatches field control technicians.
- Purchases and expedites project materials.
- Ensures all work is billed properly, per the terms of the project contract.
- Provides technical support to the field organization.
- Trains and develops subordinates through coaching and mentoring.
- Builds and maintains positive working relationships with customers, vendors, and fellow employees.
- Actively participates and champions the Hearts & Minds safety program, both internally and externally.
- Maintains appropriate Company confidentiality at all times.
- Protects the assets of the Company and ethically upholds the Code of Conduct & Ethics in all situations.
- Cultivates and promotes the “Hearts & Minds” safety culture.
- Consistently exemplifies the Core Values of the Company (we CARE, we ACT WITH INTEGRITY, we are INNOVATIVE, and we are ACCOUNTABLE).
- This position operates primarily in a professional office environment, and routinely utilizes standard office equipment, such as computers, phones, copiers, and filing cabinets.
- Work duties may occasionally necessitate walk throughs of local job sites, during which the incumbent may utilize basic tools, and be intermittently exposed to the conditions typically associated with a construction site.
- In performing the duties of this job, the incumbent is regularly required to sit, stand, talk, walk, hear, and possess an appropriate degree of both visual acuity and manual dexterity.
- This is considered a light work position, which means possible exertion of up to twenty (20) pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to ten (10) pounds of force frequently, and/or a negligible amount of force constantly to lift, carry, push, pull, or otherwise move objects.
- This position may require up to 10% travel.
- 7+ years of related HVAC controls or related technical experience.
- Advanced knowledge of HVAC concepts and related software (AutoCAD, BIM).
- Basic proficiency with Microsoft Office and Google Suite products.
- Ability to prioritize and multitask in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment.
- Strong interpersonal and communication (written/verbal) skills.
- Capacity to function successfully when working independently or as part of a larger team.