Primary Purpose: This position is responsible for controls engineering project requirements involving control system design, DCS/PLC programming, control panel design, instrumentation, check-out support and start-up assistance.
- Must be organized, technically competent, have effective oral and written communications, experienced in working in a multi-disciplined environment and interfacing with engineers, designers, and drafters.
- Designs, develops, and implements DCS/PLC control system (logic software and hardware) to meet process requirements. As well as complying with any local or government agency design/implementation codes.
- Knowledge of control panel and system design standard and code practices for any local or government agencies.
- Develops documents detailing control configuration and design. Documents include: Theory/Description of operation, Detailed control system design description, system implementation/acceptance test plans
- Able to interface with facility design to optimize panel location minimizing voltage drop and optimizing panel maintenance
- Able to perform the following system design calculations/analysis: Short circuit protection, harmonics, noise reduction / cancellation, power consumption, load flow, short circuit protection, protective relay / circuit design, ground fault monitoring, safety system implementation (SIL rating)
- Knowledge of analyzing system design for Hazard analysis development and mitigation
- Ability to implement control system redundancy to minimize single points of failure
- Develops schematics of control system configuration, wiring, network layout, and equipment panel layouts on AutoCAD.
- Will assist with initial start-up and debug integrated systems and the development of system documentation.
- Individual will be working on automation and control system integration projects for clients in industries such as entertainment and manufacturing.
- Will act as technical lead on projects and guide lower level engineers, technicians, and contractors.
- Will act as Project Manager on smaller projects ranging from $50k to $250k. This includes but is not limited to:
- Develops and executes implementation plans for the project
- Assigns work to meet overall project deadlines.
- Ensures that all project team members clearly understand the scope of W-M responsibilities
- Develops schedules for W-M and customer requirements
- Evaluates progress on project(s) and details changes.
- Responsible for all purchasing and subcontractor requirements
- Responsible for development of costs and proposal of change orders to contract scope
- Education –Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering. (Directly related experience may be substituted for degree)
- Experience –5+ years in the following areas is preferred: Ethernet based control systems, safety systems, instrumentation, components, logic programming, DCS programming (i.e. DeltaV, Experion, 800xA.) Experience with instrumentation and controls/PLC system design (i.e. Allen Bradley, Modicon, Siemens) required. Experience with AutoCAD is also desired.
- Key Competencies – Knowledge of contract documents and specifications. Ability to collect field data and accurately record findings. Ability to perform system design functions. Planning, Customer Focused, Timely Decision Making, Informing, Organizing, Priority Setting, Problem Solving.
- Skills – All employees are required to be proficient in the use of Microsoft Windows and Office environments.
- Ability to travel up to 35%.