Primary Purpose: This position is responsible for controls engineering project requirements involving control panel design, PLC programming, instrumentation, check out support and start-up assistance.
- Designs, develops, and implements control system (logic software and hardware) to meet machine and integrated system requirements.
- Develops control logic software and user interface applications.
- Develops schematics detailing control system configuration and wiring, and design equipment panel layouts on AutoCAD software.
- Will assist with initial start-up and debug integrated systems and the development of system documentation.
- Individual will be working on automation and control system integration projects for clients in industries such as food and beverage or semiconductor.
- May act as lead on some projects and guide lower level engineers and technicians.
- General administration such as paperwork, copying, printing, faxing, and using a computer
- Education –BSEE or BS in Controls Engineering or Chemical Engineering is preferred. An AA in Engineering Technology or equivalent with equivalent experience may be substituted.
- Experience – 1+ years in below areas is preferred:
An in-depth understanding of control systems, components, ladder logic programming, SCADA programming and their applications (i.e. Cimplicity, Wonderware, Intellution.) Experience with instrumentation and controls design as well as PLC (i.e. Rockwell Automation, Modicon, Siemens) and/or SCADA required. Experience with AutoCAD is also desired.
- Must have a valid driver’s license and the ability to travel up to 25% to job sites.