Job ID 71804BR Date posted 08/23/2018 City Columbus State Georgia CountryUS
Do you feel fulfilled when you help others succeed? Are you fascinated by the way the people learn and grow? Have you considered what it may be like to work at Pratt & Whitney? If so, we want to hear from you. We have a rare opportunity for a talented PLC / Controls Engineer to be based in Columbus, Ga.
The sky has no limits.
Flight is an instrument of human progress. It not only gets people where they want to go, it carries humanity to places it never thought possible.
Here, you will be part of an evolving, globally diverse company that’s moving fast to craft the future of aviation. Customers all over the world depend on our technology and the people behind it. As part of our team you’ll help answer today’s challenges in powered flight while crafting and supporting tomorrow’s solutions.
We are recognized as a leader producer of the world’s most powerful jet engines, is looking for dedicated individuals to support our organization. If you aspire to work in a dynamic environment and possess the motivation to convert new ideas into practice, this may be the opportunity you’ve been looking for.
Inclusion Powers Innovation:
We unlock our employees’ full potential through a versatile and engaging culture that values everybody’s opinion, driving innovation.
The goal of our diversity strategy is to build a workforce and environment where every employee is valued so innovation and creativity thrive and to ensure that all employees are engaged and empowered.
- Be the primary interface with operations to help and lead hands on troubleshooting and formulate/implement solutions via PLC programming and hardware
- Lead implementation of programming changes to maintain/increase uptime at the sites
- Participate in best practice sharing and standardization of controls and hardware changes
- Create and communicate Standard Operating Procedures (SOP’s) on new process controls implementation and lead training for Ops/Maintenance personnel
- Oversee and lead vendor management
- Keep up with and look for opportunities to implement newest technology development in controls industry
- Interpret and adhere to industry standards and regulatory codes
- Support other engineering projects with functional specification development and resource coordination to meet schedule and cost needs
- Support new plant design by reviewing and recommending appropriate changes to all areas of the functional area; hardware/software, vendor, HMI platform, Data Historian
- Ensure appropriate procedures, design guidelines and design tools are utilized
- Work with Operations, support reliability efforts by providing hands on and involved technical support, training, and overall mentorship to the plant operations
- Demonstrate discipline and rigor around documenting all changes using Pratt & Whitney’s standard Management of Change (MOC) process
- The final grade for this position has not been settled.
To be successful in this position, you should have the following experience:
- 2 plus years of hand on experience with PLC
- Ability to work successfully in a fast-paced, team environment.
- Ability to run multiple projects with ability to re-prioritize
- Strong written, communication and presentation skills
- Proficient with entire MS Office Suite
- Rockwell Automation Products
- RSLogix 5000
- RSLogix 500
- FactoryTalk View Machine Edition
- AutoCAD, Electrical AutoCAD
- ControlLogix, CompactLogix and MicroLogix PLC
- PanelView Plus HMI
- Sensors and Power Distribution Products
- Networks, DeviceNet and EtherNet
- Sensors, Camera's and Barcode Readers
- Visual Studio, SQL and Ignition experience a plus
- Connected Factory
Do you wish you could put your technical expertise to better use? If you are ready for a challenge, then we urge you to apply. We demand quality in all we do which is what cultivates our success in the Aerospace Industry.
- You have a Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering or Associate’s Degree in Electronics Engineering Technology
- You have 5+ years manufacturing experience
- US Citizen