Broetje Automation - Southfield, MI
Position Title: Controls and Commissioning Engineer
Location: Southfield, MI USA
Position Reports To: Director of Engineering and Operations
- Produce and commission industrial controls HW design, PLC software design, and HMI screens for aerospace manufacturing systems, conveyors, and material handling systems.
- Responsible hands-on controls hardware designs (ePlan, AutoCAD), analysis, engineering calculations, and design reviews independently or as part of a team.
- Responsible for PLC/HMI code development, code installation, debug on job site, and commissioning of the complete system.
- Support application engineering in developing solution concepts and cost estimates, attend customer meetings as required.
- Apply controls engineering expertise to optimize equipment design and to achieve better design quality, maintainability, and reliability.
- Design equipment to meet the allocated budgets and applicable codes, and maintain project schedule milestone dates.
- Generate subcontractor and installation specifications for procurement of subunits.
- Quality inspection and monitoring of subcontractors’ work.
- Travel to job sites for commissioning and troubleshooting of equipment and support installation crews as required.
- Develop acceptance test procedures and support customer acceptance tests as required.
- Develop user’s manual and training documentation for the designed equipment. Execute customer training on site.
- Perform engineering studies for new products and prepare and submit technical papers on developed products.
- BS or Associatedegree in Electrical or Computer Science Engineering
- 5+ yrs experience in industrial automated machinery, robotics, conveyors, and material handling system controls design, programming, and commissioning.
- Experience with diverse brand controls equipment (Rockwell, Siemens) such as PLCs, HMIs, servo drives, VFDs, motion controllers, power supplies, and sensors.
- Experience with controls network setup and commissioning such as Ethernet and Profibus.
- Proficient in CAD Design packages such as AutoCAD and ePlan
- Must be able to interpret NEC and local codes.
- Strong analytical problem-solving and troubleshooting skills using an interdisciplinary approach.
- Must be a results oriented person and an excellent performer working in a team environment with good communication skills.
- Proficient in MS Office products.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $80,.00 to $90,.00 /year
- Step 7 Programming: 1 year
- Industrial Automation: 1 year
- PLC Software Design: 1 year