San Diego, CA
Industry: Pharmaceuticals & Biotech•
5 - 7 years
Posted 50 days ago
Founded in 1959, Instrumentation Laboratory (IL) is a global leader in the development, manufacturing and distribution of diagnostic solutions for Acute Care Diagnostics, patient blood management and Hemostasis testing. Our success comes from a specific focus in these rapidly evolving diagnostic areas, our commitment to customers, and our dedication to innovation and quality. We’re passionate about providing medical professionals the most valuable and complete solutions to enhance patient care.
As an integral part of Werfen, a global healthcare company dedicated to delivering the highest quality in vitro diagnostic products, IL is supported by significant resources, outstanding scientific expertise and a tremendous knowledge base. IL is headquartered in Bedford, MA, USA.
Instrumentation Laboratory has an immediate need for an experienced, systematic and analytical Automation Controls Engineer to join our team. The incumbent will program machine control systems, with a particular focus on equipment and processes used in high-technology applications such as robotics, vision systems, industrial automation systems, scientific instrumentation and medical/healthcare systems.
· Design and develop software applications based on given requirements and specifications
· Review, repair and redesign legacy code
· Troubleshoot issues with existing company installed systems
· Requirement Reviews - participate in reviews and work withSystems Engineering to ensure proper implementation of features
· Comply with the company safety procedures. Live the company culture of integrity and professional competence
· Provide timely and detailed status updates
·Quality - Ensure standards are maintained in a highly regulated, process driven environment
·Must be available and willing to work overtime to meet production commitments
· BA/BS degree in engineering or related discipline
· 5+ years of experience in the production/automation industry
· Proficient in Design/Drafting Tools AutoCAD and SolidWorks
· Programming Logic Controllers (PLC) (e.g. Mitsubishi, Allen-Bradley, Siemens, Omron)
· Configuring and designing HMI/OIT systems (e.g. Allen Bradley, National Instruments, Maple Systems)
· Programming Vision Systems, Cognex, Acuity/Siemens, Banner
· Electrical/Mechanical (the following skills are a plus for this specific opening, but required):
If you are interested in constantly learning and being challenged on a daily basis we encourage you to submit your resume or CV.
Instrumentation Laboratory appreciates and values diversity. We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer M/F/D/V
Werfen is a global leader in in vitro diagnostics (IVD) in the specialties of Hemostasis, Acute Care Diagnostics and Autoimmunity. Our core business is dedicated to R&D, manufacturing and distribution of diagnostic systems for hospitals and clinical laboratories. Our other areas of expertise include Original Equipment Manufacturing, Clinical Software, Clinical Chemistry, Infusion Therapy, and Medical Devices and Scientific Instrumentation Distribution.
We operate directly in over 30 countries and in more than 100 territories through distributors. In 2016, our turnover was approximately 1.2 billion euros and we had an average workforce of 4,400 people. Currently, we are over 5,000 employees.