Role’s Primary Purpose: Assist the business unit manager in achieving operational excellence: business development, project development and execution (management and technical), resource recruiting and development, customer/vendor development, to contribute to the overall profitability of the business unit.
Provide operational leadership and oversight of a control systems integration team.
- Ability to network across target industries to identify new opportunities
- Participates in business development initiatives
- Identifies, initiates, and fosters new client and vendor relationships to achieve business growth objectives
- Reviewing project requirements and specifications to determine project scope
- Defining technical solution to meet customer requirements
- Developing cost estimate via project scope refinement (Engineering Effort, Vendor Quotes, and Expenses)
- Developing and presenting final proposal
- Responsible for defining subcontractor agreements and requirements
- Assist in final contract review
Project Execution (Management)
- Develop work breakdown structure
- Assigns work to meet overall project deadlines
- Task identification, prioritization and scheduling; early problem identification and conflict resolution
- Serves as a W-M engineering interface with the customer during the implementation phase of the project
- Hardware/software requisition
- Provides project documentation; task/periodic status reporting, percent complete estimating, production and assembly of required project manuals, organization and maintenance of current network based project files, phone transcripts, meeting minutes, I/O lists, preparing instrument submittals
- Works with clients on high-level consulting engagements, where you may serve as an engagement manager, technical lead, or other high-level role
- Ensures that all project team members clearly understand the scope of W-M engineering responsibilities
- Develops and implements a cash flow plan for the project including A/R collections, ensures timely invoicing of clients
- Accumulates and/or generates methodology, lessons learned, templates, efficiency tools, etc. to streamline project execution
- Responsible for development of costs and proposal of change orders to contract scope
- Ensures compliance with all regulations, codes etc as they apply to the contract and project
- Technical writing including project definition and requirements, clearly delineated status reporting, process control sequence of operations, standard practices and procedures, scope of supply, requests for information, customer correspondence and code commenting
Project Execution (Technical)
- Leads controls engineering design, development, and implementation including software (DCS/PLC, HMI, etc.), hardware (systems integration, instrumentation callout, panel layout, and construction), and systems design (integration of the various components) on any given project.
- Programming Control Ladder logic, scripted control languages, HTML, graphics construction, instrumentation and various control device configurations, database configuration, and intuitive ability to program an otherwise difficult device
- Ability to read and interpret documents, drawings and specification issued for performance of the control system commissioning - typical documents may include PFDs, P&IDs, single line diagrams, cable and conduit schedules, instrumentation and control data sheets, I/O lists, etc.
- Technical writing including process control sequence of operations, project/client specific programming standards, code commenting, system training documents/presentations
- Willingness to perform field work at customer site when additional support is needed
Resource Recruiting and Development
- Provides development, mentoring and training of others – both technical & project management
- Supports acquisition of additional technical skillsets by interviewing candidates, facilitating the development of training plans, scheduling lunch & learns, etc.
- Assists in evaluating the performance of resources on particular project tasks and platform programming, to assist BU Mgr. in resource development matrix in support of business objectives
Minimum Job Requirements:
- Education – A BA/BS degree in engineering or related discipline (Electrical, Chemical, Controls or Computer Engineering degreepreferred). Technical degree and equivalent experience may be substituted
- Experience – 5+ years of directly related experience in process control and/or manufacturing and/or information services is preferred. Strong leadership and client relation skills required
- Methodology – Good engineering and good documentation practice. Experience (or strong desire to learn) in using collaboration tools (such as SharePoint) for project execution methodology
- Computer proficiency - with Microsoft Outlook, Excel, Word, Project and SharePoint
- Management Experience – demonstrated experience leading a technical team
- Communication – Exceptional verbal and written ability with the aptitude to communicate professionally with client and project leadership
- Travel – Must have a valid driver’s license and ability to travel up to 25%
Strongly-preferred Job Needs, some combination of the items below:
- PLC/DCS programming – Rockwell ControlLogix, PLC5, SLC, Micrologix. Must of solid understanding of AOIs, UDTs and enhanced redundancy.
- SCADA/HMI application development – GE Cimplicity.
- Industrialnetworks – Ntron, Moxa, Rockwell Stratix, Cisco.
- Variable frequency drives – ABB ACH/ACS and Rockwell PowerFlex.
- Instrumentation – All industrial manufacturers.
- Checkout, testing, startup and commissioning experience.
- Industrial systems integration, including simulation methodologies.