• Provide process control support to the manufacturing facility to ensure reliable and efficient performance to the standard.
• Support planned improvement initiatives targeting product, process, and systems/practices
• Develop, maintain, and sustain controls, automation, and instrumentation standards
• Manage controls / automation capital projects.
RESPONSIBILITIES & ACCOUNTABILITES:
• Plant floor programming with Rockwell Automation PLCs.
• Designing and programming of computer based HMI interfaces (GE Cimplicity or equivalent)
• Troubleshooting, maintenance, and minor modifications to controls server systems.
• Working experience with setting up and tuning PID loops
• Plant floor selection, installation, troubleshooting, maintenance of process, packaging, and utility equipment along with instrumentation (flow, level, temperature, weight)
• Knowledge of Rockwell Automation communication methods (devicenet, controlnet, Ethernet, RIO)
• Familiarity of Rockwell Automation electrical hardware (Powerflex VFD, Servos, MCCs, ControlLogix, E3 Plus overload relay, etc.)
• Experience managing plant electrical control programs, documentation, and drawings
• Provide training and direction to maintenance personnel.
• Provide training, consulting and support as necessary to other engineers at the site.
• Knowledge on NEC, ANSI, OSHA and applicable NFPA standards
• Maintain programs for electrical infrastructure maintenance, power factor management, and electrical monitoring and metering.
• Knowledge of plant power distribution electrical systems, motor control center, VFDs, and process / packaging / utility equipment to insure safe and efficient plant operation.
• Analyzing process data and equipment performance data to improve product quality and reduce cost.
• Knowledge of and ability to maintain corporate and plant electrical and control standards.
• Manage capital projects
• Support the deployment and sharing of best practices and standards
• All other duties as assigned.
• Strong skill set in reading and interpreting electrical and control schematics, PIDs, and other technical documentation.
• An understanding of motors, drives, and associated circuitry.
• Strong familiarity with various electrical machine control technologies.
• Must be self-driven and highly effective working both independently and as part of a team.
• Strong written, verbal, and analytical skills.
• Strong leadership and interpersonal skills.
• Organized and able to multi-task.
• Proficient with Microsoft Office applications.
• Occasional travel is required.
Minimum B.S. degree in electrical engineering.
• 5 or more years of experience in manufacturing including exposure to maintenance and engineering functions is desired.
• Experience with PLC controls, HMIs, and Networks with the ability to effectively partner with controls engineers to problem solve, design, and make improvements.
• Experience with power distribution systems up to 4800V AC including substations, switchgear, and power factor correction equipment.
Job ID CONTR04286