We are looking for CONTROLS ENGINEER for our client in Plymouth, MI
Job Title: CONTROLS ENGINEER
Job Location: Plymouth, MI
Job Type: Contract – 12 Months / Contract to Hire / Direct Hire
Experience Level (Years): 7years
- The ability to develop and maintain Program Status Reports and use reports as a Management Tool for performance monitoring against expectations.
- Develop and update PFEMA for new equipment
- Proven ability to create and execute project plans that have achieved the identified targets.
- Prepare and present Capital projects within project timing
- Effective equipment delivery
- Meets established targets
- Safety and ergonomic standards
- Established manufacturing standards
- Incorporating lessons learned
- Initial operation Instructions Sheets - SOS/JES and PM plans
- A continuous improvement mentality and the ability to apply this personal capability and knowledge to the companies
- Processes, products, and associates (mentoring).
- Excellent planning and organization skills.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent follow-up tools and mechanisms.
- Ability to travel as needed basis to equipment suppliers and other Magna Divisions.
- Understanding of asset re-utilization and planning to limit additional requirements.
- PDP and Business Protocol Adherence, PDP documents to be completed as per program milestones and evidence provided for electronic binder.
- Physical Demands – Normal amount of sitting and standing; Ability to move around an office environment and on the production floor; Ability to work at a computer workstation; Ability to bend, twist, lift, reach. Required to carry out job duties and responsibilities in a work environment that may include, but is not limited to, varying levels of noise and/or temperature. Ability to lift max. 50lbs periodically.
- This position will require a certain amount of training both in-house and off-site. The person who accepts the position will be expected to follow a learning curve with continuous development.
- As part of the selection process, various testing will take place to target the personal attributes required in the role.
- Knowledge of Problem Solving methods (Red X, Six Sigma, 8D, etc.)
- Highly motivated, self-directed, creative, innovative and people oriented person.
- Able to multi-task on several fronts to meet Business Plan objectives.
- Able to drive accountability down to project members (internal and external) through structured requirements, expectations and timelines.
- Thorough knowledge of the Program Delivery Process (Gate Milestones) and associated expectations.
- Good PC Application Skills.
- Demonstrates focus on meeting program commitments.
- Good project management, planning and scheduling skills.
- BE in electrical/Mechanical