The Controls Engineer, Paint will be responsible for troubleshooting and programming robot applications, conveyor systems, equipment, and process/equipment monitoring systems within our Paint Shop. In addition, will collaborate with the maintenance team to fix and improve equipment failures.
- Overall responsibility for all controls related activities in the shop, Leading and assisting production in all controls related topics and issues.
- Support and assist maintenance team in troubleshooting difficult breakdowns and chronic equipment failures.
- Responsible for implementing and managing continuous process optimization including the addition of advanced and conventional technologies to improve quality, productivity and reduce overall waste.
- Develop & maintain proper documentation of all electrical equipment and associated procedures, making updates as required by modifications
- Responsibility for designing, selecting, managing, programming, and commissioning of automation equipment used to improve the existing systems.
- Identify weak areas of the production systems using root cause analysis and first principles thinking, and implement effective countermeasures using all available means.
- Implement and maintain quality control methods including pokeyokes, data tracking systems, part recognition and problem reporting.
- Optimization and improvement of human machine interfaces, and SCADA systems and MES interfaces.
- Creation and improvements of equipment safety standards, and the implementation of those standards into the manufacturing equipment, including periodic checks and qualificationinspections.
- Understand and program using several different programming styles, including ladder logic, structured text.
- BS in electrical, mechatronics, or mechanicalengineering.
- 5+ years of professional controls engineeringexperience.
- 5+ years of advanced PLC programming knowledge on Rockwell, Siemens or equivalent PLCs in a professional environment.
- HMI programming experience – AB Factory talk, Wonderware or equivalent.
- Robotic programming skills desired.
- Proven project management experience.
- Proficient in CAD working withelectrical diagrams and prints.
- Flexibility in working weekends and night shift as required.