Who we are and what we do:
Pace Industries is North America?s leading full-service die casting manufacturer. Our mission is to provide uncommon, creative die casting and support solutions that contribute to the success of our customers. Our die cast parts are used in automobiles, motorcycles, generators, snow mobiles, lawn mowers, washing machines, power hand tools, BBQ grills, commercial lighting and many other well-known products. You can have a significant impact on our cultural transformation.
Port City Group, a division of Pace Industries, located in Muskegon, Michigan, is a multi-location, fully integrated manufacturer of aluminum die castings, zinc die castings, mechanical assemblies and injected molded plastics. Our facilities include Port City Castings Corp., Muskegon Castings Corp., Port City Metal Products, Port City Die Cast, Port City Custom Plastics, Alloy Resource Corp, and Mirror Image Tool.
Controls Engineers are responsible for ensuring that plants create the best products possible in the most efficient manner. They are highly analytical and use these skills to examine and improve processes to increase productivity. At the same time, they are responsible for ensuring that all equipment is properly maintained. Candidate should be able to take a general layout for a piece of special equipment and be able to properly size safety devices, design control circuitry, create panel layouts, properly select controls cabinet size, order components. Complete installation of panels, wire, program, test equipment
Duties and Responsibilities:
- PLC programming ?RS500, RS5000".
- HMI ?human machine interface" programming.
- Robotics programming, integration ?Rockwell Allen Bradley, Fanuc models preferred"
- Installation and programming of multiple sensors, lasers, drives, machine vision.
- Use of CAD to design wiring diagrams.
- Use CAD to design machine control panels.
- Design hydraulic and pneumatic circuits.
- Panel building.
- Wiring of equipment.
- Knowledge of use and application of machine safety devices.
- Maintain up to date PLC program backups on the network.
- Update controls diagrams for additions or changes.
- Support of the PCG group troubleshooting equipment.
- Good communication skills, ability to work with and teach others.
- Must be open to travel throughout the US and Mexico.
- Overtime as needed.
- Bachelor?s Degree in Engineering, Electrical, Manufacturing, or Mechanical Engineering preferred.
- 2-4years of experience in a related field.
- Technical proficiency in some software applications. (solidworks electrical is preferred)
- Willing to train for transition into solidworks electrical.
- Excellent communication skills.
Please note that the duties and requirements described herein are intended to represent general contents of this job. This is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties and responsibilities.
Pace Industries has a strong commitment to the principle of diversity, and in that spirit, seeks a broad spectrum of candidates including women, minorities, veterans, and people with disabilities. Individuals with disabilities desiring accommodations in the application process should notify the hiring department by the application deadline.