$80K - $100K(Ladders Estimates)
• Completed three year program in electrical or mechanical technology preferred.
• Trade license in Industrial Electrical Maintenance (442A) preferred.
• Electronics Technician/Technologist Certificate, Electrician Qualification or equivalent preferred.
• Certificate of Qualification or Certificate in a related field or equivalent working experience.
• Taken courses supplied by machine manufacturer.
• Minimum requirement of five years' experience in PLC and robotic repair/ programming.
• Ability to track data for many performance and maintenance parameters using
maintenance tracking programs. Track the number of failures, mean time between
failures, labor and material costs that were required to maintain equipment
over specified time periods to determine if equipment operation can be improved
to reduce the long term costs.
• Ability to determine which materials and equipment to use for projects and
decide the appropriate codes and standards to apply when completing these
projects. Ability to also determine which measuring tools and methods to use.
• A solid understanding of electrical / electronic schematic diagrams,
blueprints and pneumatic/hydraulic systems. Consult product specification books
to identify the capacities, dimensions and prices of particular pieces of equipment.
• Ability to interact with others such as supervisors or managers for advice and direction, to discuss work and provide updates.
• Ability to coordinate and integrate work within teams of engineers and technicians to work on common projects. Assume project management roles to co-ordinate the involvement of other engineers, contractors, technicians and suppliers.
• Basic knowledge of computer networking, Ethernet connections, TCP/IP
protocol. Knowledge of advanced PLC programming including Allan Bradley,
ControlLogix/RS Logix, Siemens S7, Fanuc. Knowledge of robot systems (ABB, Motoman).
Experience with computer-assisted design, manufacturing and machining.
• Engage in continuous learning by attend formal professional development
seminars and conferences as needed. Conduct self-directed studies by reading
journals and trade publications. Must be aware of new technologies and advances in the engineering field.
• Identify and lead continuous improvement activities.
• Conduct research into the feasibility, design, operation and performance of mechanisms, components, and systems.
• Plan and manage projects, and prepare material, cost and timing estimates,
reports and design specifications for machinery and systems.
• Analyze machines.
• Supervise and inspect the installation, modification and commissioning of
mechanical systems within the facility.
• Investigate mechanical failures and unexpected maintenance problems.
• Implementing and designing PLC, Ultraware, Panel Builder and Profile Buss programs.
• Machine installing as required.
• Work effectively with co-workers and management through effective communication.
Valid Through: 2019-10-17