CONTROLS ENGINEER OPENING
We have an immediate need for a Controls Engineer at our Jamestown, NY location.
- Review Engineering job file and design products to meet applicable specs.
- Interact and communicate with customers and otherengineering staff members as project dictates.
- CAD drawing package generation of projects including customer approval, wiring schematics & panel layout.
- Generate bill of material, estimate cost of purchased items, and requisition all necessary material and components.
- Design PLC and HMI logic using products from many different manufacturers.
- Research and use new software and hardware packages.
- Support all other departments on an as need basis regarding electrical components of the machine.
- Assist engineers, electricians and customer with debugging and machine runoffs.
- Support project in the field, as needed, during start-up and through warranty period.
College degree in electrical or controls engineering and/or 2-3years of technical experiencerequired. Candidate must have product component level knowledge and AutoCAD / AutoCAD Electric experience. Position requires multiple projects handled at one time. Knowledge and experience with 8D problem solving a plus.