$100K - $150K(Ladders Estimates)
Founded in 1959, Instrumentation Laboratory (IL) is a global leader in the development, manufacturing and distribution of diagnostic solutions for Acute Care Diagnostics, patient blood management and Hemostasis testing. Our success comes from a specific focus in these rapidly evolving diagnostic areas, our commitment to customers, and our dedication to innovation and quality. We're passionate about providing medical professionals the most valuable and complete solutions to enhance patient care.
As an integral part of Werfen, a global healthcare company dedicated to delivering the highest quality in vitro diagnostic products, IL is supported by significant resources, outstanding scientific expertise and a tremendous knowledge base. IL is headquartered in Bedford, MA, USA.
Instrumentation Laboratory has an immediate need for an experienced, systematic and analytical Automation Controls Engineer to join our team. The incumbent will program machine control systems, with a particular focus on equipment and processes used in high-technology applications such as robotics, vision systems, industrial automation systems, scientific instrumentation and medical/healthcare systems.
· Design and develop software applications based on given requirements and specifications
· Review, repair and redesign legacy code
· Troubleshoot issues with existing company installed systems
· Requirement Reviews - participate in reviews and work with Systems Engineering to ensure proper implementation of features
· Comply with the company safety procedures. Live the company culture of integrity and professional competence
· Provide timely and detailed status updates
·Quality - Ensure standards are maintained in a highly regulated, process driven environment
·Must be available and willing to work overtime to meet production commitments
· BA/BS degree in engineering or related discipline
· 5+ years of experience in the production/automation industry
· Proficient in Design/Drafting Tools AutoCAD and SolidWorks
· Programming Logic Controllers (PLC) (e.g. Mitsubishi, Allen-Bradley, Siemens, Omron)
· Configuring and designing HMI/OIT systems (e.g. Allen Bradley, National Instruments, Maple Systems)
· Programming Vision Systems, Cognex, Acuity/Siemens, Banner
· Electrical/Mechanical (the following skills are a plus for this specific opening, but required):
Valid Through: 2019-11-15