Primary Purpose: This position is responsible for controls engineering project requirements involving DCS/PLC programming, control panel design, instrumentation, check-out support and start-up assistance.
- Designs, develops, and implements DCS/PLC control system (logic software and hardware) to meet process requirements.
- Develops schematics detailing control system configuration and wiring, and design equipment panel layouts on AutoCAD software.
- Will assist with initial start-up and debug integrated systems and the development of system documentation.
- Individual will be working on automation and control system integration projects for clients in industries such as specialty chemical and pulp & paper.
- Will act as Project team member on projects. This includes but is not limited to:
- Executes implementation plans for the project
- Takes direction from Project Technical Lead and Project Manager
- Perform work to meet overall project deadlines.
- Travel to project installation & startup
- Education –BS in Electrical Engineering or Chemical Engineering is preferred.
- Experience –1-5 years in below areas is preferred:
Knowledge of control systems, components, logic programming, DCS programming and their applications (i.e. DeltaV, Experion, 800xA.) Experience with instrumentation and controls design and/or PLC systems(i.e. Allen Bradley, Modicon, Siemens) required. Experience with AutoCAD is also desired.
- Ability to travel up to 30%.
Physical Demands of Position:
Seeing, color perception, hearing, listening, clear speech, dexterity in hands, driving, lifting, climbing, ability to mount and dismount equipment, pushing, and pulling
Standard office environment, On-site office environment, and diverse industrial environments
Frequent PC usage, fax machines, copy machines, phones.