HDS offers consumers a single online store to shop for fresh groceries and general merchandise from the world's leading retail brands. In HDS fulfillment centers, multi-retailer orders are assembled as one lot, packaged in reusable totes, and delivered at no cost to customers via friendly HDS couriers, offering retail-level customer service, right at their doorstep.
Our patented robotic fulfillment center, RoboFS, dramatically cuts fulfillment costs, and our retailer-friendly eCommerce platform turbocharges retailer supply chains, allowing them to add a revenue stream, while controlling and extending brand awareness on an all-category service platform. As a result, HDS will be able to offer a wider selection than currently available from any one mass merchant, along with a free, same-day delivery experience.
- Act as a key contributor in the development and support for complex robotic equipment control systems
- Work closely and communicate well with internal and external equipment designers, industrial engineers, system engineers, mechanical engineers, electrical engineers and software engineers to specify, develop, test and support our equipment control systems.
- Contribute to the development of control systems that consistently implement industrial equipment safety standards, automated equipment integration standards (for example : OPC UA, OMAC PackML), and HDS unique robotic equipment product standards.
- Use advanced control system development tools (for example Beckhoff TwinCAT 3 and Beckhoff TwinCAT HMI) to develop and trouble-shoot highly modular and distributed equipment control systems.
- Be a creative problem solver to achieve our technical and cost requirements. Use a balanced approach of selecting commercially available control system components with in-house development of new control system components.
- Enthusiastically participate in all aspects of automated equipment engineering including mechanical, electrical, control logic, user interface, and safety.
- Develop original control logic and make improvements to this logic based on the feedback of other control system engineers. Trouble-shoot control logic developed by others and respectfully recommend improvements to other control system engineers.
- Be hands on and able to respond as soon as possible to critical events. Use volt meters, oscilloscopes, network protocol analyzers and PLC/IPC IDEs to repair equipment control systems.
- Actively participate in equipment design reviews and project status meetings with internal engineers/managers and external supplier manager and engineers
- Be able to travel to equipment construction and installation sites nationally.
- Be able to work from a home office
- BS degree or equivalent experience in industrial engineering, computer engineering or electrical engineering
- 2+ years’ developing and trouble-shooting automatic or robotic equipment control systems using Beckhoff TwinCAT 3
- 3+ years using IPCs and PLCs (e.g. Beckhoff, Siemens, Allen-Bradley, GE, or Omron)
- 2+ years with Industrial Fieldbus including (EtherCAT, Ethernet/IP, Modbus, Profinet/Profibus, IOlink, RS-485)
- Experience with control system electrical requirements (e.g. 24 vdc, 480 3P VAC, 208 vac, 230 vac, 4-20 ma)
- Experience with motion control (servo motors, AC motors, VFDs)
- Experience with sensors and actuators (e.g. photo-eyes, distance sensors, E-stops, stacked lights, pneumatic controllers)
- 2+ year’s with higher level languages and object-oriented programming (e.g. IEC 61131-3 ExST, Python, Java, Java Script, C++)
- 1+ years’ developing equipment graphical user interfaces (e.g. PLC visualization, SCADA/HMI, Indusoft, Cimplicity)
- Experience with diagnostic instruments (multimeter, oscilloscope, protocol analyzer)
- Experience being safe when working with industrial equipment (e.g. lock-out / tag-out procedures)
Additional Preferred Experience
- Beckhoff TwinCAT 3 HMI
- Experience with network interfaces and APIs (e.g. OPC UA, RESTful API)
- Experience with material handling, packaging equipment, conveyors, multi-axis robots a plus
- This role will be required to travel up to 90% until April 2021, if not based in Indianpolis, Indiana.
Why work here? The big stuff
- Founding team: Be a part of a smart founding team setting the standards and solving the big problems, with the special stock grants that this entails.
- Autonomy, mastery, purpose: We provide a clear mission so that you can self-direct your work, exceptional challenges to hone your skills, and an opportunity to be a part of a vital retail service that saves people time and radically ups their quality of life.
- Well-funded: HDS is well-funded and can offer above market comp, depending on desire for equity.
And the usual stuff is carefully planned too
- Top tier perks: 100% paid-for benefits, including medical, dental, and vision, plus a tax-advantaged monthly allowance toward personal enrichment benefits of your choice.
- Flexibility: Have the freedom to work wherever. You will not be required to be in the office more than two days per week.
- Empowered: We will provide you the most advanced equipment and administrative services to support your productivity and remove hassles for you.