The Systems Engineering group at our Corporate Headquarters is expanding to meet the needs of a growing global product development roadmap. An experienced Compliance and Regulatory Certification Engineer is needed to provide expert assessments of current design products and guidance in meeting evolving regulatory standards.
The successful candidate should have a working knowledge and hands-on experience with industrial electronics and/or large format battery systems (including Lithium Ion). Past experiencesupporting 3rd party independent auditors and test labs is highly desired.
Targeted applications include automotive, industrial vehicles, utility energy storage, UPS, and telecom. Candidates interested in joining an innovative and global team are encouraged to apply.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Identify all applicable regulatory and certification standards required for new products based on the target market and application.
- Generate technical requirements for product development based on regulatory and certification standards including the following organizations: UL, CSA, CE, IEC, GB/T, and UN.
- Determine applicable EMI and EMC test requirements such as surge immunity, ESD immunity, conducted emissions, and radiated emissions to meet FCC/CISPR limits.
- Collaborate with product development functional team leads from electrical, mechanical, and chemical backgrounds to ensure compliance in final designs.
- Coordinate with 3rd party auditing and testing organizations providing design work products and resolving questions and interpretations of standards.
- Propose novel new concepts and ideas for new product developments
- Communicate with project stakeholders and manage requirements and schedules for the product developments
- Perform risk management activities such as FTA, FMEA and HAZOPs
Qualifications and Skills / Experience
- Strong cross functional analytical and technical skills in order to interpret and guide design requirements based on multiple regional design standards.
- Strong communication skills in documenting and sharing standards based design requirements
- Past experience with product development and demonstrated successful certification of an end product.
- Project Management Skills
- Bachelor’s Degree in a technical field such as Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Physics, or Mathematics; Master’s Degree is preferred
- 3 years of experience