Pacific is seeking a talented Controls Engineer to join their team in the Corona, California facility. Under direction from the Electrical Engineering Supervisor or the Engineering Manager, this position develops and prepares electrical designs, automation programming, and basic pneumatic controls for liquid packaging machinery. In this role you will:
- Interface with the Manufacturing Manager and Electrical production personnel to ensure electrical panels and machinery are properly assembled and wired; this includes documenting assembly layout changes, part substitutions and wiring/cabling revisions.
- Partner with electrical engineer or engineering manager to apply electrical engineering knowledge and industrial machinery control principles, materials, manufacturing methods and processes to ensure designs are functional, practical, economical and satisfy customer operating requirements.
- Apply knowledge and experience in programmable automation systems (PC, PLC, HMI, motion control, drives) to plan and configure systems and software programs for new and retrofit machine projects. Exposure to Beckoff Automation, A-B/Rockwell Automation, as well as Siemens Automation products and development software will be needed in this area.
- Travel to customer sites to assist with machine start-up and commissioning
- Prepare drawings using AutoCAD Electrical working within PMFS guidelines, methods of block preparation and material report generation.
- Create proper bills of material based on design and necessary control components and assemblies for production. Generate order lists for the material management team using Syteline ERP software.
- Partner with manufacturing and aftermarket teams to conduct machinery operational testing and electrical/pneumatic system testing during Factory Acceptance and Site Acceptance Testing.
- Be a team leader to drive process improvements throughout the organization and a source of leadership that fosters profitable growth
- Coach, teach and develop team members
Minimum 5 years’ experience in electrical control system design and engineering for machinery, including programming, start-up and debugging processes
- BS in Electrical Engineering or equivalent
- Experience with PLC Logic (Allen Bradley, PC Based Beckhoff preferred), as well as Siemens. Familiar with IEC 61131-3 programming languages and structured programming languages such as C/C++ or Java
- AutoCAD Electrical, Solid works Electrical preferred
- Programming and operator screen development and ability to understand and write wiring schematics. IT skills preferred
- Travel requirement is 40-50% of the time
- Knowledge of practical/fundamental wiring practices for industrial control systems including up to 600VAC motor power circuits and controls (VFDs, FV contactors), discrete and analog signaling devices, PLC modules, Ethernet communications and safe-guarding controls
- Control panel layout and design skills and spatial awareness (experience with 3D panel drawings)
- Knowledge of NEC for industrial low voltage electrical systems (knowledge of UL panel design a plus)
- Basic knowledge of pneumatic (compressed air) systems, materials and manufacturing methods to plan and prepare functional and practical compressed air control schematics and assemblies
- Basic understanding of P&I diagrams, fluid flow, control valves and instruments for measuring flow, pressure and temperature
- Packaging or food processing industry controls experience preferred
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills which include presentation skills
- Excellent computer skills (Microsoft Office – Word/Excel, AutoCAD Electrical, IT)
- Ability to successfully follow direction provided
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to successfully handle a multi-tasked role.
Team Player: Works well as a member of a group
Dedicated: Devoted to a task or purpose with loyalty or integrity
Detail Oriented: Capable of carrying out a given task with all details necessary to get the task done well
Self-Starter: Inspired to perform without outside help
Ability to Make an Impact: Inspired to perform well by the ability to contribute to the success of a project or the organization
Goal Completion: Inspired to perform well by the completion of tasks