The Controls Engineer will develop automation solutions and participate in various phases of system integration projects including creating design specifications, software configuration and testing, as well as commissioning and start-up of a variety of automated manufacturing processes and equipment.
- Customer / Client Interface: Act as direct liaison to external and internal clients. Communicate scope details, project budget and schedule updates, negotiate solutions, and drive successful relationships.
- Project Execution: must be experience and able to contribute to any aspect of project execution from specification through design, implementation, and start-up.
- Leadership: Be a leader in a team of automation engineers through Design, Programming, and Field Start-Up. Provide technical leadership, task and quality oversight, and lead project execution.
Potential candidates must have ‘hands-on’ experience in process automation and controls for a variety of automated manufacturing processes and equipment. Experienced in Panel Design, NetworkArchitecture, PLC and SCADA design/programming including data extraction and data analysis. Understanding of ISA, ANSI, NEMA, NEC standards are a requirement. Understanding of cGMP and FDA regulations is a plus.
- Excellent Engineering and Technical skills as related to Process Controls Systems, Closed Loop Controls, Instrumentation, Continuous and Batch Processing, Process Controls Sub-Systems (PLC, HMI, SCADA, Networks, I/O), working knowledge of Panel Design, 480V Distribution and Control, etc. An intimate knowledge of the Rockwell Automation platform.
- Project Management: The successful candidate will possess a very good understanding of the Project Life Cycle: Quoting / Budgeting, specification, design, implementation, testing, vendor/contractor management, procurement, installation, start-up, and documentation. He / She will be able to consult on successful project execution strategies and advise on best practices.
- Excellent Client and Communication Skills: The ability to work closely with, collaborate, understand the needs of, negotiate with, and ultimately deliver successful projects to internal and external customers.
- Exposure to a variety of industry design standards, programming standards, and best practices.
A minimum of 5+ years of System Integration, electricalengineering, HMI & PLC automation applications.
- A solid understanding of engineering documentation such as P&IDs, process flow diagrams and standard operating procedures.
- An expert understanding of ISA S88, S95 and batch processing operations required.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work both independently and in a team environment.
- Your professional experience will demonstrate your computer skills, ability to handle multiple projects, communication skills, ability to diagnose automation problems and interact with teams, clients and vendors.
A Bachelor’s degree in an Engineering discipline or equivalent combination of education and technical experience.
Up to 40 - 60% overnight travel may be required to support project installation and start-up activities, attend Client meetings, Design Group management meetings, company sponsored training and industry related seminars, forums or conventions.