The Controls Center of Excellence (COE) Engineer is a team member within the Controls COE with a responsibility to provide Controls subject matter expertise for new opportunities and booked orders.
Expected travel is 10% to 20% on a global basis; travel on the weekend may be required. Weekend support of sales opportunities may be required.
The position is designed to accomplish:
- Voice of Customer survey and data collection on a scheduled basis to gather customer input and requirements for new and existing Controls product enhancements.
- Support of sales in the Controls qualification and opportunity phases.
- Clarification of Elliott Controls offerings during customer clarification meetings.
- Development of standards for Elliott Controls offerings, including specifications, training programs, sales collateral, application whitepapers, value propositions, and communication news releases.
- Definition of measurement metrics for analysis and driving of improvement initiatives.
- Interface with the strategic alliance partner on a daily basis as oversight for Controls initiatives.
- Development of process flows, work instructions, hand-offs, and tools to define ownership and the "Who, What, When, Where, and How" for Controls execution lifecycle (opportunity through obsolescence).
- Train sales in Controls products and service offerings.
- Conduct customer training sessions to promote Elliott Controls offerings.
- Support sales in identifying Control opportunities.
- Participate in customer meetings from home base as well as at customer offices.
- Active listener and understands customer needs.
- Provide recommendations and solutions to meet customer needs.
- Advocate for Elliott Controls solutions.
- Review and comment on customer specifications with regard to Controls offering ensuring that Elliott offering includes scope and costing to comply with specifications.
- Request and attend clarification meetings to ensure Elliott Controls solutions are promoted as the recommended solution.
- Develop RFQ document (scope) for alliance partnership quoting.
- Obtain any 3rd party costing (CCC, Invensys, Woodward, Bently Nevada).
- Prepare final costing and technical proposal for delivery to Applications Engineering.
- Partner with Sales to win opportunities for Elliott, offering solutions to meet customer needs.
- Rapid and concise response to sales inquiries.
- Conduct new product training for both customers and Elliott.
- Support business development in identifying Control opportunities; participating in customer meetings from home base as well as at customer offices.
- Recommend Control solutions for new business and work with alliance partner to bring solutions to market.
- Attend trade shows and customer boot camps to promote Elliott Control products and services.
- Attend Controls clarification meetings with alliance SME, representing Elliott project team.
- Assist and support project team during execution process.
- Conduct structured audits of work in process at alliance partner.
- Audit of Control Panel assembly for quality and adherence to standards.
- Attend FAT as required by project team.
- Lead process mapping of Controls COE processes.
- Lead workshops for Controls process, product, and service improvement.
- Bachelor of Science degree in Engineering.
- Minimum of five (5) years total engineering experience, with at least two (2) years of experience as a Controls Engineer. Turbo-machinery Controls experience is preferred.
- Experience in proposal, design, implementation, test, commissioning, and troubleshooting of Control systems.
- Excellent computer skills including Word, Excel, Visio, and Power Point.
- Ability to lead and manage sub-suppliers.
- Ability to provide quality customer service and support.
- Effective communications skills, verbal, and written with a demonstrated ability to interface across different cultural lines.
- Ability to learn quickly and adapt to a dynamic work environment.
- Developed time management skills, with an ability to balance demand among various projects.