The Controls Engineer supports both clinical and commercial operations including capital requests, equipment onboarding/qualification, process qualification, monitoring and optimizing process/equipment using Lean Six Sigma (or equivalent), and project management. This position reports to the Senior Manager of Process Engineering and Maintenance. The Controls Engineer is critical to our patients. This individual will have a key role working with equipment that manufactures life-saving medications with patient safety in mind, executing with efficiency always. Quality, safety and on-time delivery is a must to be successful in this role.
- Successfully execute medium sized Capital projects (with a focus on equipment controls projects) through all phases including developing budget and scope, authoring required documents and forms for approval, purchasing equipment, overseeing installation of equipment and modifications of facilities, commissioning of equipment and closing out of project.
- Determine process capabilities and bottlenecks and implement improvements which have direct impact on efficiency.
- Support the on-going enhancement and optimization of manufacturing process systems by using a cGMP change management and software development lifecycle approach.
- Identify lean improvement opportunities and implement more advanced solutions to improve efficiency.
- Manage the connection of process equipment to the manufacturing network in support of regulatory requirements.
- Troubleshoot equipment downtime as it relates to software and control system failures.
Education or Equivalent:
- Engineering or relevant science degree required. Bachelor’s degree in engineering or relevant science degree (Computer Science, Information Technology, or similar) required.
- 3+ years of experience working with control systems, preferably in the Pharmaceutical or related manufacturing industry.
- Understands advanced machine functionality (e.g. PLCs, servo motors, controls, pneumatic function)
- Communicates clearly with internal and external clients, both verbal and written.
- Good organizational skills relating to management of daily activities.
- Experienced in PLC programming in ladder logic, sequential function, structured text, or scripts
- Ability to troubleshoot simple to complex hardware and software problems.