Our client located in Waynesboro, VA is a dynamic and rapidly growing manufacturing company who has become a recognized leader in their space for over 50 years. To continue their growth, they are seeking a Controls Engineer to join their team!
What you will be doing?
- Responsible for assisting in the implementation of automation systems, new products, and process improvements
- Support existing and incoming manufacturing equipment.
- Maintain technical integrity of the product by sound applications of engineering/mechanical design principles, creation of engineering/design specifications, and material selection.
- Openly communicate project status and issues.
What you will need?
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical/ Mechanical Engineering or similar degree.
- 3+ years of manufacturing process controls engineering
- Solid proficiency of electrical automation control systems. (Servo, motion, PLC, HMI, etc.)
- Ability to troubleshoot equipment and systems to maintain uptime or make improvements.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers.
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret general engineering drawings, technical procedures, and governmental regulations.
- Ability to work independently or in a project team environment and within a defined deadline.
- Proficiency in the Microsoft Office Suite.