We have an immediate opening for a Controls Engineer at our North American Business Unit Headquarters in the Calhoun, GA area. The Controls Engineer ensures equipment optimization within the high-speed production process. You will be responsible for leading the final stages of new product development by testing, troubleshooting, researching, and implementing improvements.
You will lead activities for rapid response for any equipment & controls issues . The Controls Engineer analyzes key indicators to help production focus on areas for improvement. This role requires technical and leadership ability to ensure that we are able to meet customer needs/expectations with on-time delivery!
- Provides accurate and immediate hands-on troubleshooting and repair for manufacturing equipment.
- Troubleshoots and repairs high speed, automated, manufacturing equipment utilizing LOTO and hands-on diagnostic abilities .
- Confers with peers and other personnel to implement standard operating procedures, resolve system malfunctions, and provide technical information.
- Assists in writing and teaching process procedures to ensure corrective and preventative actions are taking place.
- Researches and analyzes customer design proposals, specifications, manuals, and other data to evaluate the feasibility, cost, and maintenance requirements of designs or applications.
- Assists with the construction and installation of ultramodern, process-controlled, high-tech installations of manufacturing equipment .
- Provides clear feedback to equipment suppliers on operational problems and needs. Follows solutions through to implementation by active follow up. Sees projects through from concept to documentation phases.
- For assigned product lines, maintains a fully documented and accurate electrical design and control program that complies with established company and industry standards.
- BS degree in Engineering ( BSME, BSEE, BSChemE, etc) is preferred.
- A Master’s degree or MBA would be a plus.
- You should have 3+ years of experience in controls or automation engineering in a high-speed manufacturing environment .
- Experience with equipment controls and PLC programming
- Knowledge of production processes, quality control concepts.
- Any project management or technical leadership experience is a plus.
- Automated manufacturing environment experience
This is for a global, industry leader that defines the term " Blue-Chip" organization. This company puts a high value on quality of life, skill & career growth, and has an opportunity for vertical career-tracks. This position has a base salary range of $80-100k + Relocation assistance, tremendous benefit and retirement programs.