Description of position duties:
- Provide technical support for PLC, control, and upper-level systems within the Body-In-White department.
- Upper-level systems include PLC interface to IPS-L, IPS-T, PPZ, SAP/KSI parts-ordering, and other data management systems.
- Collaborates with specialist and planning partners to develop design standards and specifications for PLCs and control systems. Plans and implements improvements within Body-In-White related to PLCs and control systems to positively affect process capability, system uptime, and reliability.
- Plans and implements improvements within Body-In-White related to PLCs and control systems to positively affect process capability, system uptime, and reliability. Participates in cross-functional project teams supporting activities related to PLCs, control systems, and
- Participates in cross-functional project teams supporting activities related to PLCs, control systems, and upper-level systems.
- Provides technical support related to PLCs, networks, upper-level systems, and control systems during the introduction of new models and for issue resolution during series production. Ensures proper PLC and control system operation and system-specific documentation delivery from line builders and systems integrators. Interfaces with the IT group to ensure efficient operation of the Body-In-White
- Interfaces with the IT group to ensure efficient operation of the Body-In-White upper-level systems. Develops solutions in automated processes using PLCs, control systems, and upper-level systems.
- Develops HMI and IPS-T screens for automatic line control and maintenance information systems for all Body-In-White operations.
- Supports the Body-In-White Technical Training and Development program by conducting training classes, providing technical documentation, etc. Performs other duties as assigned by management.
Qualifications and Experience:
- BS degree in engineering (Electrical/Computer/Software Engineeringpreferred) or the equivalent of 4years of software and controls engineering work experience in an equivalent manufacturing engineering role.
- 3+ years of technical experience in a highly automated manufacturing environment (automotive preferred).
- 3+ years experience in programming/troubleshooting PLC application software for manufacturing processes (Siemens TIA Portal/S7 and automotive preferred).
- 3+ years experience with PLCs, Profinet, HMIs, safety PLCs, variable-frequency drives, motors, electrical schematics, and other control system components.
- 3+ years knowledge with HMI software development Siemens TIA Portal or WinCC (preferred).
- 3+ years knowledge of software engineering concepts.
- 3+ years knowledge with control bus systems Profinet (preferred).
- 3+ years PC skills (MS Office including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook).
- 3+ years knowledge with control system troubleshooting.
- 1+ years knowledge of control system design.
- 1+ years with PC hardware troubleshooting, Networking, and TCP/IP knowledge.
- 1+ years written and oral communication skills, including English proficiency.
BMW Manufacturing Company is an EEO/affirmative action employer, all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Job Type: Full-time
- programming/troubleshooting PLC application software: 3years
- HMI software development Siemens TIA Portal or WinCC: 3years
- control bus systems Profinet: 3years
- highly automated manufacturing environment: 3years
- PLCs, Profinet, HMIs: 3years