The Controls Engineer is responsible for the design of electrical controls, mechanical and electromechanical products and systems for the Company product lines. This includes coordinating and engineering standard product lines, custom designs and live orders throughout the Engineering Department.
Job Function and Responsibilities
- Design responsibilities include electrical control panel design, PLC/HMI programming and testing to meet product control requirements.
- Develop and implement control system product enhancements and cost reductions.
- Work closely and effectively with partner vendors as required
- Develop and Execute Project Plans for assigned Control System Projects
- Assure system and product quality by designing testing methods for finished product.
- Provide technical assistance to customers.
- Responsible for Electrical Schematics, Control Panel Design and Bill of Materials for Control System Designs.
- Review and check the drawings and other design information for assigned products.
- Responsible for product documentation.
- Provide Engineering support to Manufacturing.
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical, Mechanical, Agricultural Engineering or related field or Associate degree with appropriate experience.
- 3 to 5 years of Electrical & Controls Engineering Design Experience.
- Hands-on experience programming and control system design with PLC’s & HMI’s required.
- Hands-on experience with motion, drive, position, measurement, and process sensors required
- Hands-on project experience, competency to diagnose and troubleshoot control systems components, sensors, hardware, and software
- Working Knowledge of SCADA systems preferred
- Working Knowledge of NEMA Codes and Regulations, NEC electric code, UL and other related industry standards and codes.
- Experience with Mechanical Engineering/Sheet Metal Design Experience is a plus.
- Microsoft Office skills, with advanced Excel capabilities