About H-E-B H-E-B is one of the largest, independently owned food retailers in the nation operating over 400 stores throughout Texas and Mexico, with annual sales generating over $25 billion. Described by industry experts as a daring innovator and smart competitor, H-E-B has led the way with creative new concepts, outstanding service and a commitment to diversity in our workforce, workplace and marketplace. H-E-B offers a wealth of career opportunities to our 109,000+ Partners (employees), competitive compensation and benefits program and comprehensive training that lead to successful careers.
Digital Manufacturing Controls Developer
H-E-B is one of the largest, independently owned food retailers and manufacturers in the nation operating over 400 stores throughout Texas and Mexico, 13 manufacturing Plants across Bakery, Dairy, Snacks, Meat Processing, Meal Prep, Floral, Print and Packaging industries, with annual sales generating over $25 billion. Described by industry experts as a daring innovator and smart competitor, H-E-B has led the way with creative new concepts, outstanding service and a commitment to diversity in our workforce, workplace and marketplace. H-E-B offers a wealth of career opportunities to our 109,000+ Partners (employees), competitive compensation and benefits program and comprehensive training that lead to successful careers.
H-E-B is investing in our Plant's digital footprint, reinventing our systems and data capabilities across all aspects of Plant operations and Manufacturing execution – from OT to IT.
H-E-B's Digital Manufacturing group is a new team within H-E-B's Digital organization; committed to delivering this technology transformation in partnership with H-E-B's Manufacturing Division. Candidates to join this team must be excited by the potential of delivering various systems from the plant floor to senior leadership.
Once you're eligible, you'll become an Owner in the company, so we're looking for commitment, hard work, and focus on quality and Customer service. 'Partner-owned' means our most important resources--People--drive the innovation, growth, and success that makes H-E-B The Greatest Retailing Company.
Do you have a:
HEART FOR PEOPLE... ability to lead / influence stakeholders?
HEAD FOR BUSINESS... expertise to collaborate / lead with technically diverse, cross-functional project teams?
PASSION FOR RESULTS... drive to champion a strategic technology roadmap that can transform H-E-B Manufacturing?
We are looking for:
- Minimum of a Bachelor's degree in an Engineering or Computer Science field with at least 5 years of experience working with Controls/SCADA and PLCs, preferably in Food & Beverage manufacturing.
- Three or more years' experience working as a Developer or Integrator of distributed Controls systems or MES systems, Wonderware experience is required.
- A passion for the development and integration aspects of Controls – HMIs, Historians, alerting, and system delivery is required. This role will be working in coding, configuration and integrations – not project management.
- Experience in system upgrades – OS, database and software version – required.
- Knowledge of Active Directory, DNS, IP networks (NAT and VLAN segmentation) and virtualization required.
- Familiarity with ISA-95 standards required.
- Experience with Wonderware Historian, InTouch, System Platform, ArchestrA, required.
- Experience with multiple OIT software platforms such as B&R, Rockwell, etc. are strongly preferred.
- PLC programming (Rockwell) experience and SCADA networking experience strongly preferred.
- Experience working in diverse, multi-disciplined work groups.
- Familiarity with Control software and hardware in a Food and Beverage manufacturing environment preferred.
What you'll do:
- You will work with Manufacturing Engineering, Plant Controls teams, ERP team, custom application development team and external engineering firms, OEMs and system integrators to deliver MES capability across 13 diverse food and bev plants.
- You will train Plant technology teams in essential skills to enable those teams to sustain solutions.
- You will be part of establishing standards for HMIs for the company.
- You will execute multiple large scale projects as well as smaller efforts to improve Plant use of MES and SCADA systems.
- You will be part of an Agile delivery team with a constant stream of high-value development and delivery work.
- You will leverage engineering best practices and innovation such as code reviews, test automation, test lab design, agile methodology, secure coding practices and use of Cloud capabilities.
- You'll identify recurring issues and opportunities to improve the engineering process, team success, and business success.
- You will change the Manufacturing Division's use of technology and lead a reinvention of how we feed Texas with H-E-B's signature Own Brand products.
What are the perks?
- A robust Benefits plan with coverage starting Day One
- An 80/20 PPO medical plan with a $30 copay for in-network primary care
- Dental plans, Vision plan, voluntary insurance plans, and flexible spending accounts (FSA) available
- The Partner Care Team, for any time you have healthcare or coverage questions
- Partner Guidance allows free counselor visits, up to 5 times per year for each issue
- Telehealth offers 24/7 access to board-certified doctors over the phone
- Funeral leave, Jury Duty, and Military pay (subject to applicable law)
- Short-Term and Long-Term Disability coverage after 90 days
- Maternal / Paternal Leave for new parents, adoptions included
- Eligibility for 401(k) participation after 6 months
- Eligibility for quarterly bonuses based on company performance
- 10% off H-E-B brand products in-store and online after 90 days
- Access to other savings (gyms, phone, hotels, and more) through online discount program after 90 days
- Opportunity to become a "Partner-Owner" after 12 months of employment