Your potential. Your opportunity.
Discover your opportunity with Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group (MUFG), the 5th largest financial group in the world (as ranked by S&P Global, April 2018) with total assets of over $2.9 trillion (106.2 (JPY) as of March 30, 2018) and 150,000 colleagues in more than 50 countries. In the U.S., we're 13,000 strong, working together to positively impact every customer, organization, and community we serve. We achieve this by delivering on our values, putting people first, fostering long-term relationships built on honesty and mutual understanding, and inspiring the best in each other. This is all part of our inclusive, high-performing culture supported by Total Rewards that include our cash balance pension plan. Join a team that's working to fulfill its vision to be the world's most trusted financial group.
As the Issues Management AVP, you will play a highly visible role working cross functionally to work on the issues management process which requires analytical review, collaboration with partners to ensure clear documentation of root cause, remediation plan and timely escalation for timely resolution. Additionally, the position will support team activities, such as creating and delivering on training objectives and establish key relationships with Business Unit Controllers, Regulatory Reporting and Data Tams to build a best class issues management process.
From developing the issues management process to establishing relationships to building economies of scale process, you will be a critical team member that partners and is a trusted advisor to the business.
Does this sound like you?
- You will work directly with the VP of Program & Framework Management to maintain and improve current process
- Evaluate data gathered from multiple sources, identify gaps, reconcile discrepancies, and decompose high-level information into details to drive
- Lead creation of a unified intake form within the system of record (Wdesk) and ensuring appropriate distribution
- Support regular touch points meetings with various teams and requesting monthly confirmations
- Maintain a central repository of qualitative overrides
- Track remediation of deficiencies/issues with issue owners
- Identify efficiencies within the current process and assist in updates to desktop procedures
- Assist in the identification and transition of tasks to offshoring vendor to gain operational and financial efficiencies
- Assist in standardizing internal processes and protocols related to execution and communication in the company and externally
- Conduct and obtain research to bring industry practice and current thinking into the discussions.
- Responsible for identifying relevant training topics, assist in developing training content.
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Accounting or Finance or equivalent practical experience
- 2-5 years of experience in audit (Sarbanes Oxley) or business operational improvement
- Regulatory reporting, internal control testing, process mapping, or control analysis experience within the financial services industry or meaningful experience is helpful
- Strong analytical skills and judgment required to assess risks and controls in business processes
- Experience working in teams and excels at navigating through conflict
- Dedicated in approach, process leadership and project management skills
- Excels in working in a fast-paced environment
- Proficient in handling multiple assignments effectively
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities duties and skills required of personnel so classified.