What You’ll Be Doing
- As a Controls Analysis Engineer, you will play a pivotal role in providing engineering support on a variety of diverse space programs ranging in the areas of advanced vehicle dynamics, attitude and payload control, and applications of filtering and estimation.
- S/he will work closely with internal and external stakeholders supporting all phases of a program lifecycle: conceptual studies, prototyping, source selection, development, and operations.
- Participate in architecting, implementation, analysis, and evaluation of spacecraft and payload control systems on a variety of National Security Space programs.
- Perform tasks that may include concept development, trade studies, source selections, requirements analyses, risk assessments, design analyses, simulation development, prototyping, test planning and execution, operations support, and anomaly resolution.
- Build and maintain relationships with internal & external stakeholders, customers and contractors providing updates in technical design reviews and analysis in interchange meetings.
- Research and develop new analysis tools and techniques.
- Perform control design, implementation, assessment, and/or testing for civil and commercial customers.
What You Need to be Successful
- Advanced Degree (Master's or PhD) in a STEM field or equivalent is required
- (2) or more years of professional experience in one or more of the following: control system design and analysis, estimation theory, or advanced dynamics is required
- Proficiency coding in MATLAB/Simulink
- Working knowledge of a compiled programming language such as C/C++
- This position requires the ability to obtain and maintain a security clearance, which is issued by the US government. U.S citizenship is required to obtain a security clearance
How You Can Stand Out
It would be impressive if you have one or more of these:
- (5) or more years of professional experience in one or more of the following: control system design and analysis, estimation theory, or advanced dynamics is preferred
- Experience programming with Python, Git, Docker, Linux Bash, ROS, Gazebo, and/or Swift
- Experience with one or more of the following:
- Spacecraft attitude determination and control
- Payload pointing estimation and control
- Advanced control techniques and applications
- Kalman filtering and stochastic processes
- Modeling and simulation of control systems
- Multibody and flexible body dynamics
- Implementation, testing, deploying, and calibration of control systems
- Cubesat or smallsat attitude determination and control design and operations
- Mobile robotics, guidance algorithms, computer vision, image processing, point-cloud analysis
- Experience with simultaneous localization and mapping (SLAM), extended/unscented Kalman filters (EKF/UKFs)
- Data Science, Machine Learning, Neural Networks, optimization